9 litre concealed cistern. Where can I get one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched online and asked locally but it seems that regulations related to water conservation mean getting your hands on a large concealed cistern is hard. I fully understand the water conservation issue but if you need to flush twice then you've used more anyway. Whilst 6 litres does it ok, in this particular installation the drop in the soil pipe before it reaches the stack is not great and for that reason too I'd prefer a larger flush volume. Any ideas? Have been wondering about making one!

Sponsored Links
9L cisterns are widely available & easy enough to then conceal it in a partition with a flush pipe to fit to a pan with a remote flush valve.

The issue with flushing twice though is more likely to be down to the design of the pan and the neck/trap (+ last nights dinner ;)) rather than the water volume from the cistern.

Thanks Rob. I should have said that I don't need the syphon/stop valve/lever/flush pipe, I just need the cistern, the bucket bit, bottom entry fill. This maybe makes it harder. Grateful for a link to a source.

Whilst on this subject of water conservation...
I used to work for a maintenance firm, serving posh offices in Central London and the City... blocked bogs galore (usually the womens' bogs but that's another story).
I could never understand why office lavatory fit-outs went from using the old high level cisterns (good) to low level cisterns (bad), only to then go for the concealed look, with £1000's worth of decorative panelling up the whole of the rear wall of the cubicles, and not take the opportunity to put the cisterns back up at height again! Better head of water for flushing and still out of sight!
Think of the water saving and continued performance of the sewer system, which was designed to be served by high level flushes in the first place! Tideway may not have been necessary for a few more years! ;)

Sponsored Links
If it's concealed then a plastic cistern should suffice I would think? Don't worry about side or bottom entry as you can easy cut a suitable sized hole in the bottom for a fill valve and use blanks to fill the side entry holes.

Wirquin, amongst others do them. The one linked to mentions side entry but if you check the details it is also available as a bottom entry.

https://www.wirquin.co.uk/flushing/...ss-dual-overflow-cistern-excluding-lever.html

Have three loos and only one can flush effectively with one flush , the other take between 2 and 5 flushes .

improved flush from these

ae235

https://www.screwfix.com/p/fluidmaster-toilet-flush-valve-handle-kit/50692#_=p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back