9 questions, 9 answers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a quiz sent to me by e-mail which was supposed to be really hard - i didn't think it was particularly hard but thought i'd try it out on the DIYnot lot! One question at a time:-

1, Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yep - told you that was easy..

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

Wrong for number one points are awarded for each round in boxing and you regularly hear the commentator saying who is ahead with the judges and in the case of olympic boxing you see the score updated as the punches land

Number 2 is that taking continental drift into consideration ;) :LOL:

namsag - don't know the source of the quiz but couldn't doubt the answers with my own knowledge - agree with the olympic boxing thing but when the commentators annouce who is winning - is this based on the judges actual scoring, or just the commentators professional judgement?

As for question 3, Rhubarb is one, anyone get the other?

Aspargus was the other listed in the quiz, can't comment on Artichokes? Another easy one, very easy...

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

Too easy that one,

5, In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

First ..the bottle has a short neck ... then you put the bottle over the "young" pear, lash the bottle down to the tree and wait for the pear to grow

Thats right - i thought it wasn't as hard as the person who sent it to me said it was going to be!

6, Only three words in standard English begin with the letters 'dw' and they are all common words. Name them.

Sponsored Links
Back