90mm Strap On Boss - Where to buy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Got a 90mm / 3.5 inch copper soil pipe in my house. The existing strap on boss is dripping, as I disturbed it when fitting a new water main, so I need to replace it, but I cannot find a new one anywhere? I saw a McAlpine one from PlumbCentre but there is no stock! ( http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/product/mcalpine-cast-iron-soil-pipe-boss-connector-90mm-x-150/ )

I am not going to weld/silver a new one, and replacing the soil pipe is also not an option as the pipe in completely enclosed through 3 stories until it gets to the roof.

The previous plumbers used one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...-Soil-Pipe-Plastic-or-Cast-Iron-/261546784770

It obviously worked reasonably well (until I disturbed it). Are there any other recommendations beyond this?

Thanks,

Jon

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
just found another stockist of the McAlpine boss connector. Not sure how it works though as I cannot see any clips to keep it attached? Do you use jubilee clips and some silicon?

So the previous plumber seems to have used one of these and then put a load of setting putty (plumbers mait?) in there to secure it. Seems like a bodge but it did last until I disturbed it......I could bodge it back on again the same way?

s-l1000.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So the previous plumber seems to have used one of these and then put a load of setting putty (plumbers mait?) in there to secure it. Seems like a bodge but it did last until I disturbed it......I could bodge it back on again the same way?

s-l1000.jpg

Lol, that looks like something Blackadder would wear :ROFLMAO:

If you can't get anything to replace it then it's time to get the wet grab/SLS waterproof adhesive out and use a couple of 90mm jubilee/pipe clips to clamp it down. Make the jointing surfaces nice and clean before using the adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back