9448 alarm, walk in time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
I just moved in to a property that has the 9448 alarm installed. It seems to be working properly, arming the alarm when leaving, but when re-entering the house, I have basically no time to disarm the alarm and both internal and external bells go off. The alarm panel is basically 1 meter away from the door and I still don't have enough time to disarm it before going off. Is there any way I can set the walk in time to at least 5-10 seconds?

Sponsored Links
I guess that it used to work... Two possibilities: (1) You're entering through the wrong door (unlikely) or, (2) your door contact is sticking.

For (2), first do a walk test on the door. If it doesn't work, find the contact and give it a good tap (with the edge of a coin or a screwdriver handle) and try again. Then replace the door contact. (Silence the tampers with your code.)

You could crash the panel and reprogram it or, if you have the engineers code, just reprogram the entry time. However, I'll bet that it's the door contact... :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back