97 Primera - no side lights, brake lights, dashboard lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Folks

Nissan Primera 1.6L equation 1997 on a P plate

lost side lights, brake lights and dashboard lights. Bulbs ok as are fuses.

Any Ideas what to look at - posting for a friend who is stuck in Manchester

TonyV

Sponsored Links
which fuses did you check - the ones under the bonnet or the ones under the dashboard?

Hi John

Thanks for reply - because I'm doing this third hand - assumed when said fuses are ok - thought that meant ok - lol.

Underbonnet ones are blowing - did'nt have that info when I initially posted problem. Radio was changed last weekend by a friend of hers.

Think a job for a for auto electrian to fix shorted wiring - lol

TonV

Yes if your friend can afford an auto electrician.
But if not, disconnect the work that was carried out last weekend and probably the short will disappear.

If that doesn't work just keep disconnection consumer units (bulbs etc.) until the fuse/fuses can be replaced without blowing.

It may take a little time and a good auto electrician wont be cheap.

DO NOT REPLACE A FUSE WITH ONE OF A LARGER VALUE OR YOU WILL PROBABLY DO PERMANENT DAMAGE TO THE WIRING LOOM/CAR.

Sponsored Links
Yes if your friend can afford an auto electrician.
But if not, disconnect the work that was carried out last weekend and probably the short will disappear.

If that doesn't work just keep disconnection consumer units (bulbs etc.) until the fuse/fuses can be replaced without blowing.

It may take a little time and a good auto electrician wont be cheap.

DO NOT REPLACE A FUSE WITH ONE OF A LARGER VALUE OR YOU WILL PROBABLY DO PERMANENT DAMAGE TO THE WIRING LOOM/CAR.

Thanks for advice

not me doing work myself - so her friend needs to sort - but it was her ex husband that replaced radio - lol - and he's a mechanic???

TonyV

Back