98 fiesta 1.8d Sidelights wont turn off at stalk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my 98 fiesta 1.8d Sidelights wont turn off at the multi-function switch stalk.. the twist switch works fine on sidelight through dip & high beam but when it is set to zero(off) the sidelights remain on front & back until the ignition is turned off. Any ideas what may be causing this or even where to start looking please. Cheers Gary

Sponsored Links
Is the car an import? Have they ever turned off via the stalk? If so then probability is you have a faulty stalk.

Thanks for the reply Spark123,

The car isn't an import, I will have a look at the stalk later or do you think id be better just getting a replacment from the scrappies?

Cheers again fetler

I'd unplug the stalk to see if that puts the lights out. If it does then a trip to the scrappies (or your local ford dealer) may be in order.

Sponsored Links
As advised Pulled the plug to the stalk but side lights front & rear remain on? so i assume that they must be getting power from ignition somewhere as turning key off kills them but where?? sorry to be a burden.

Cheers fetler

dunno spark i bought it cheap due to gearbox needing replacing not long ago & noticed they where on when i jump started it & i cant get hold of the previous owner for six weeks as hes off shore. fetler

i know this sounds daft but i thourght i had this problem once and what it was was this . if i had my indicator on it left a side light on as parking lights

Looking at some of the tech specs for the model it was available with daylight running lights, usually specified for some other countries.

Sponsored Links
Back