A ‘sort of’ eBay result. Sort of!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a new central heating boiler fitted a few weeks ago and having replaced a few bits fairly recently on the old one (bottom cover, thermostat knob and electronic control unit), I took them off and put them on eBay. They sold straight away (too cheap?) for £55 plus postage so, less PayPal and eBay selling fees, I’ll get about £45. Not bad for something that was going to be chucked away but........ when wrapping them up, I knocked our set of digital kitchen scales off the breakfast bar and broke them. Just ordered a new set. Same ones - luckily on sale now at half price so £25 instead of £50 otherwise I would have been out of pocket. Ballcocks! :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I made around £200 selling parts from my ancient 40 year old gloworm spacesaver - £85 for gas valve (and I had a spare), £50 for the other bits and pieces. Clearly lots of people have done the maths and are trying to keep these old things going. I've also (from my 3 bed semi) made over £350 from weighing in the old lead and copper as I've stripped it out - replaced with about £100 worth of plastic.

Back