Timer switch - any ideas?

ATG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The timer on my Vaillant combi is slowly giving up the ghost. I can get a new one on ebay for around £50 but the missus doesn't like segment timers and wants a digital. I like the segments because I can set 48 on/off cycles per day if I want (but I never do that, obviously). But the best thing about them is that I can pull a few segments out for say 45 mins heat and know that it will go off at the end of that time.

Now, can anyone advise if this sort of thing is possible on a digital timer? Something like a countdown function or similar. If so, any makes to go for or avoid? We have TRVs but no room stat.

Thanks in advance.

ATG

Sponsored Links
So much for progress. A mechanical time that can be set in seconds.
I have to sit with my 7 day digital for 20 minutes for just two on and offs each day.

I found some of the mechanical ones for Vaillant at just £30.

I've fitted heatmiser wireless stats in my house... They are brilliant! Digital programming on/off several times a day at different temperatures.
Use zone valves to split your house in to different zones. Then programme the heatmiser timer/stats to different temps at different times - eg bedrooms and bathroom 21c morning, off all day, 20c bedtime. Lounge off in morning, 22c evening. Kitchen 20c morning and evening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back