Boiler external timer plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I currently have a boiler ( Ocean Alpha 240P boiler ) with a normal 24 hour timer. This is set the same every day. However I want the timer to have different times over the weekends. Since its not a 7 day timer. Can I use an external 7 day timer such as this one on ebay ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24HR-7-DAY-DIGITAL-PLUG-IN-TIMER-SWITCH-SOCKET-TG77-NEW-/300661586855 ). The boiler is currently wired directly into the house mains. I can't see anything wrong with doing this, but am I missing something simple? Is it a simple case of adding a plug to the boiler and a wall socket and then using the 7 day timer adapter making sure the fuse is correct on the timer and plug?! Would boilers start going funny if it gets switched on and off like that via the external timer?

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
No sorry you cant do that, your boiler has a pilot light and when there is no demand for HW or CH then the fan runs at a low speed to remove the fumes and the heat produced by the pilot light , if you use an external timer socket when there is no timed on period the boiler will not have power to operate the fan also if there is a HW demand when the external timer socket is not in demand then the HW wont work either

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back