Changing to digital timer - Greenstar 28i Junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI and thank you for reading my post. OK I have a Worcester-bosh greenstar 28i combi boiler to which I can set my on off heating times with the basic timer given with the boiler I would like to know if
A) There is a timer where i can set my on and off times digitally so I dont have to fiddle about with silly little clicks and set my on off times to exactly the time I want.

B) If there is a digital timer what is the best one and where can I purchase it

C) DO I have to make any changes to my boiler to accept the digital timer and is it easy to install my timer at presetnt is a batter operated wireless one that hangs in the hallway but can be moved around the house .

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You have the worcester electro mechanical clock i think. You can purchase the digital/rf stat version for the boiler. Just fits straight in to a blanking plate.

Cost - digital timer £110 ish

RF stat and programer 160ish

You can of course purchase any make but wiring will be required

You have the worcester electro mechanical clock i think. You can purchase the digital/rf stat version for the boiler. Just fits straight in to a blanking plate.

Cost - digital timer £110 ish

RF stat and programer 160ish

You can of course purchase any make but wiring will be required

Many Thanks so wwouldI be simply swapping this over where the wireless mmechanicalclock is on the mechanical clock's blanking plate or do i have to attach the digital timer to the boiler?

Sponsored Links
The worcester made one fits in the same space as the electromechanical one. You need to attach the cable is all.

Any generic ones would require wiring in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back