A.A. cover or British Gas cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
British Gas.

Everyone else is trying to copy something they've mastered.
Are you for real?

ARE YOU?
seem a bit desperate slagging off British gas, plus it gets a bit boring the old 'best thing to do is go independent...........' yawn.
Get a life.
Take it you are a company man then?

Yes i do work for BG have done for 7 years, was trained by them too after leaving the military.
I have a lot of respect of the company i work for and will always work to my best ability to make sure customers are happy, after all if it wasnt for our customer base i wouldnt have a job.
There is a lot of been posted on this site about how we operate.
Obviously there will be problems so i cant make a blanket statement saying we always get it right, but comments like ' they we go back the next day to fit a pump' are completely untrue, our work measure is based upon 'first time fix' and if that means we havent got it on the van, then we have a contract with PTS and PLUMBCENTRE plus others to constantly stock a certain line of spares to achieve first time fix. If that fails then we have a logistical supply chain to supply us with the correct spares next day.
I wont harp on, what i will say is that don't tarnish all our engineers with the same brush, there will be people who would of have had a bad experiance with BG, but there are a lot of people who have good things to say about us, the only problem being its usually the negative that gets expressed more.
Slightly off topic....... I might work for BG but that doesn't mean i am going to slag all independents off and convince the nation to join BG homecare, i take my hat of to any self employed plumber or heating engineer, times are hard and our work is becoming harder and most guys out there will provide an expert service at a good price.

My agenda is not to upset anybody, just put the broken record straight.

:D

Sponsored Links
I joined an energy company on an excellent basic its no good out there now, If ya good you will get a job if your **** you have no chance Tests & Interview are very intense these days to filter the crap from the good i think.

I joined an energy company on an excellent basic its no good out there now, If ya good you will get a job if your s**t you have no chance Tests & Interview are very intense these days to filter the crap from the good i think.

Was it Bg?

Is 'your world' now 'an Ideal world'? ;)

A lot of these schemes are a bit like a used car warrenty, ie they cover everything that never seems to go wrong and exclude everything that does go wrong.

Sponsored Links
British Gas.

Are you for real?

ARE YOU?
seem a bit desperate slagging off British gas, plus it gets a bit boring the old 'best thing to do is go independent...........' yawn.
Get a life.

Yes i do work for BG have done for 7 years, was trained by them too after leaving the military.
I have a lot of respect of the company i work for and will always work to my best ability to make sure customers are happy, after all if it wasnt for our customer base i wouldnt have a job.
There is a lot of been posted on this site about how we operate.
Obviously there will be problems so i cant make a blanket statement saying we always get it right, but comments like ' they we go back the next day to fit a pump' are completely untrue, our work measure is based upon 'first time fix' and if that means we havent got it on the van, then we have a contract with PTS and PLUMBCENTRE plus others to constantly stock a certain line of spares to achieve first time fix. If that fails then we have a logistical supply chain to supply us with the correct spares next day.
I wont harp on, what i will say is that don't tarnish all our engineers with the same brush, there will be people who would of have had a bad experiance with BG, but there are a lot of people who have good things to say about us, the only problem being its usually the negative that gets expressed more.
Slightly off topic....... I might work for BG but that doesn't mean i am going to slag all independents off and convince the nation to join BG homecare, i take my hat of to any self employed plumber or heating engineer, times are hard and our work is becoming harder and most guys out there will provide an expert service at a good price.

My agenda is not to upset anybody, just put the broken record straight.

:D
I have worked for them as well as many other companies, and they are the worst I worked for, the sales ethos was unreal. That is my personal experience and the experience of most of my customers, so i don't think its a case of setting a broken record straight.
I have worked for quite a few heating companies and bg was the least enjoyable, and I certainly don't think they are the masters as some claim.

A lot of these schemes are a bit like a used car warrenty, ie they cover everything that never seems to go wrong and exclude everything that does go wrong.

Whilst I am pretty new to this forum, there are a few things that are pretty easy to spot - asking a forum full of self employed breakdown engineers which big company is best will always get you the same answer.

As far as the car warranties go, thats something the AA are very good at, saved me thousands over the last 2 years on my car.[/b]

well **** me, you have BG nailed there. an amazing insight into the freely available terms and conditions of a contract held by thousands. i expect BG will now fold due to the weight of this statement and it's wide reaching implications. :rolleyes:

Whilst I am pretty new to this forum, there are a few things that are pretty easy to spot - asking a forum full of self employed breakdown engineers which big company is best will always get you the same answer.

As far as the car warranties go, thats something the AA are very good at, saved me thousands over the last 2 years on my car.[/b]

What you don't understand is that BG AA or any other offering this type of scheme (scam :) ) has to make a profit out of it's customers, ie if you have got more out of a scheme than you have put in you are in a very small minority.

Servotech are you saying that making money is a scam? Or that independents don't make any money from boiler breakdowns?

British Gas.

Are you for real?

ARE YOU?
Get a life.

I have a lot of respect of the company :D
I have respect for you as ex military . But F. A respect for BG. :mrgreen:

I love all this BG bashing out in the public domain,its a shame the public cant see into the private combustion chamber forum on this site which is dominated with independents who can only get there if qualified seemingly.
Where you will see such gems as
I am fitting central heating what is the best way to lift a floor board.
I have to look at a boiler that the pilot is out can it be the t/couple
i am fitting a boiler how do i connect onto the old boiler pipes .
What size pipes should i use for gas supply
i have fitted x amount of these sh#te boilers that keep breaking down so i will fit the ones i have left and say nothing to the people paying good money

i am fitting a boiler how do i set the depth on my circular saw to cut the floor boards.

How long is a soundness test
Am i aloud any drop on it , frightening answers to these two commonly asked in a roundabout way questions .

I have been on both sides of the fence in my everyday working life and especially being on emergency (gas escape and fumes) van for BG doing ten to twenty jobs a day and i know which side the safer engineers are on and it is not the independent side.

BG aint perfect far from it and they are not as good as they where 15 years ago due to downgraded training but they are not anywhere near as bad as people make out on here.

And before someone comes up with Oxford comments independents have killed far more but it still doesn`t make it right

I have a Vokera Flowmatic 20/80 Boiler for the last 12 yrs and have always had a full cover contract with BG.

For approx the last 6 yrs i have called them out for a breakdown roughly once a yr and they have always arrived either that day or the next and only twice have they had to return next day with a part. At the end of each visit the eng makes me aware that it's an old boiler and some parts might not be available in future but put's me under no kind of pressure to buy a new boiler. Fair warning i think but of course in these times who isn't putting off making a big purchase ?

It's always been a BG engineer and never a subbie and in my opinion they do a great job.

One is actually working on the boiler now and had difficulty with , i think a v/v in or out of the calorifier ( chewed up its been removed so many times ) The part is obsolete and i've heard him making many calls to colleagues to track one down , which he did , went to get it and is now finishing the job.

I've often wondered whether to " jump ship " especially when the yearly price hike in my cover arrives , but i've always managed to haggle with them and currently pay just under £18 p/m .

As a service engineer in an unrelated industry i appreciate all the demands placed on them and i think i've had good value.

I know that at some stage i'll have to bite the bullet and replace the boiler. At that point i might decide to hold off the service contract until it's a few years old or consider a separate repair fund.

In the mean time it would be good to know what " obsolete " parts for my boiler BG don't carry and see if i can source them independently but i'll post that request elsewhere.

tut tut namsag, glazier will not be pleased, you can't air all the dirty laundry of his little gang in public! :eek:

i'm almost tempted to join the CC now just for the comedy value. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back