Best boiler cover ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who gives the best boiler cover, monthly type payment plan, price and qlty of service.

cheers
Simon

ps considering British Gas

Sponsored Links
scottish and southern electric,s.s.e are best,they are costomer focused,
look after there staff,safty first,and you get a proper boiler service.
not like other companys where you get get 5 minute silly performance check.once a year.
your treated like a costomer not a number.

good point,i would be livid, :evil: if i was told to pay for cylinder after paying cover for two years insurance. trading standards should step in.

also i thing there should be a cap on how many costomers, insurance companys should have,to allow fair share of trade for self employed engineers.

Sponsored Links
best off saving your money and finding a local rgi who has a good reputation.

the which? report is purely finacial, fair enough but sometimes peace of mind is more important than a few quid.
I went to an old couple yesterday who had been without heating and hot water for a week because a local engineer let them down. They were pleased as punch when I left, although parts are not readily avaiable for their 30 year old boiler and are considering a replacement.

Hard to say who is the best, most service providers will offer several choices of cover, from an annual service to full system parts and labour covered, also there are often exclusions like age etc. read all the small print and make up your mind what suits you best.

I genuinely think at the moment bg are among the top, they are fighting to keep customers, are pushing massively on first / second time fixes, quality, time slots, satisfaction and safety. plus they are biggest for spare parts, covering old boilers and systems that no-one else will touch etc.
Yes they treat the engineers like shiite and will try to sell you upgrades or replacements on every visit but if you can like with that then you'll be fine.

if you get your boiler and system installed by good installers chances are you may not have to bother for afew years at least if you are a tight arse and get your uncles dodgy mate to do it then its domestic and general everybody else look at british gas utilities or manufacturers the last 3 dont easily cover poor installtions

We are a small independant Oil/Gas Service company, we offer Boiler /System Breakdown insurance through Blue-Fin it is very good value, protects my interests and gives my clients peace of mind ;)

The OP has not mentioned his model and age of the boiler.

Different boilers have varying levels of reliability and the decision should take that into account.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back