best boiler cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - i had a new vaillant ecotec 831 fitted just over a year ago..heard there are lots of good cover protection from around £5 per month..can someone recommend a good boiler cover that would include an abbual service ?..cheers

Sponsored Links
That will get you a bag of peanuts served by a monkey.

Get realistic. Put about £20.00 a month aside for boiler issues and talk to friends and family for name of engibpneer who they use. If in an area one name keeps cropping up, take note and treat him/ her with respect as your boiler problems will then be dealt with someone who cares.

Lol..true gonna ring around..but if they offer me cover for that price and its a reputable company then I'm going for it

What warranty do have on your boiler? Isn't it 5 years on that model, so what's the point on getting a cover plan?

Any road the only boiler cover about at £5 is the homeserve cover, which has a £95 excess and this is only for the first year. If you read the small print it increases to £160 per year there after, hardly a bargain.

As DP says put the money aside into a savings account. Look at it this way if you put away £20 a month you will have £240 a year in savings, say around £65 could go to your annual service leaving you with £175, after 5 years you will have £875 to deal with any repairs if and when, after 15 years you will have £2625 say less £500 for any repairs that may have been carried out' leaving you with £2125, which will then pay for a new boiler when the time comes (obviously I haven't taken the rate of inflation in to account here).

Where as the homeserve cover would of cost you £2285 and at the end of it you would still have to fork out £2000 for a new boiler installation.

That is good economic sense but seems to be beyond the capabilities of most people in this country, who can afford nice cars, big telly, iPad's ect but always seem to be skint when it comes to fixing the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Lol..true gonna ring around..but if they offer me cover for that price and its a reputable company then I'm going for it

Then you're another naive idiot that will whinge and whine when your boiler breaks down and your £5 a month policy turns out to be worthless. Read the small print....most policies prioritise customers (so unless you're disabled or elderly you can wait weeks), sludge/scale/installation issues aren't covered (that can be half the boiler faults), many contractors that work for these companies have no idea how to repair boilers( since they're paid peanuts). When you've taken several days off work for numerous visits and still have a broken boiler will you still think it's a bargain?

There are NO reputable insurance companies. None of them are ethical and honest. To cover a boiler properly and stay in business it can't be done for the money they charge.

Your boiler should still be under warranty but it will be subject to a load of small print too, ie. some faults will void the policy. Shove money into a boiler war fund and find a good local eng.

Or go with an insurance company that lets you use an engineer of your choice.

Try Blue Fin or Domestic and General

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back