a big thank you

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
this is my first post here and i just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for helping me to fix my boiler, i know i didnt make any posts but i found the soloution using search :)
i will also post my problem and soloution in case anyone else has the same problems.
my problem was with my baxi duo combi boiler, i had hot water but no heating, everything seemed fine, the wireless thermostat was asking for gas, the light on the reciever was on, by all accounts it should have been working.
anyway i tried a few things mentioned here like shorted out the two black wires on the back of the timer but nothing worked.
then someone had mentioned shorting the two wires that go to the reciever for the thermostat, first i tested them with a meter, 230 volts going into the reciever but only 60 volts coming out, so i shorted out the two connections and the boiler fired up.
so ive disconnected the reciever completly and am using the boiler without the wireless thermostat for now.

my only question is why when i pressed the overide button on the reciever (drayton scr) did the boiler not fire up?
i would have thought it just did the same as shorting out the two terminals

thanks again guys this is a good site, i think i will stick around, being a bricklayer by trade i may be help people out myself.

Sponsored Links
why when i pressed the overide button on the reciever (drayton scr) did the boiler not fire up?

It does sound like it's broken.
Try Ctrl Alt Delete - sorry remove the power, wait, then switch on again. ;)
You should hear a relay click when you press the manual button, I think.

thanks for the reply
well i did several reboots lol, nothing worked
my best guess is as it was only sending 60 volts when it was on, then maybe when i pressed the overide it only sent 60 volts again, i never checked with the meter and its all disconected now.
anyway the heating came on tonight at 5 like it was suppossed to so happy days
im just not sure what temp to set the dial at, i guess that will be trial and error till i find a nice room temp.
i will get another wireless thermostat at some point, not another drayton though, its only 3 years old.
ive seen a siemens on screwfix for £50 that looks ok but apparemtly the wiring diagram is rubbish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back