A bit of breather membrane?

27 Dec 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to clad a small area (2mx1.5m) of an otherwise fully glazed structure. I think the way to do it is cladding, breather membrane, insulation, vapour barrier (ply/plasterboard).

The thing is where do I get breather membrane? Especially difficult it seems if you dont want a 100 quid roll of about 50m.

Sponsored Links
You could try your local freecycle website.

Otherwise this site did have a little selling/buying section but I'm not aware of how succesful it is/was. I can't find it now.

Otherwise fleaBay??
Approach a local, small, building site, and tell the contractor what you want it for and he might give you or sell you an off-cut. They often have rolls hanging around.
Sponsored Links
I was kind of hoping there was an alternative to breather membrane which might do the job adequately for a small area, but I realise now that I'm probably going to have to get proper stuff.

Thanks. Will look around for an offcut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local