A Blatant Lie by BJ about Trade between NI and GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
He'll keep repeating, "I've already said that". When he knows himself that he's telling lies. You can ask him repeatedly to show you where he's already said it and he resorts to his typical one line insults, or he runs into hiding. :LOL:
See what I mean....Rants on about sweet F.A

See what I mean..He cannot control his urges.
Then show us where you said what you repeatedly claimed to have said.
You claimed to have said that all empires are bad. Show us where you said that, prior to claiming that you repeatedly said it.
It was a nonsense and untrue claim then and it's a nonsense and untrue claim now.

The British Isles is almost a social construct and has no individual geo-political delineation. It has only a geographical context. Like Europe has a geographical context, but in geo-political terms it is a conglomeration of nations.
So it depends on your geo-political viewpoint what or where you precisely define as the British Isles.

The toponym "British Isles" refers to a European archipelago consisting of Great Britain, Ireland and adjacent islands. The word "British" is also an adjective and demonym referring to the United Kingdom. and more historically associated with the British Empire. For this reason, the name British Isles is avoided by some, as such usage could be misrepresented to imply continued territorial claims or political overlordship of the Republic of Ireland by the United Kingdom.
Alternatives for the British Isles include "Britain and Ireland", "Atlantic Archipelago", Anglo-Celtic Isles", the "British-Irish Isles" and the Islands of the North Atlantic. In documents drawn up jointly between the British and Irish governments, the archipelago is referred to simply as "these islands"
To some, the dispute is partly semantic, and the term is a value-free geographic one, while, to others, it is a value-laden political one.
United Kingdom law uses the term ]British Islands to refer to the UK, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man as a single collective entity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles_naming_dispute

You are confusing the geographical context with the geo-political context. Certainly the N I are British, not the Irish. They're Irish.
If the Irish were British there would be no need for the CTA.

Ireland fought for and gained independence from Britain in the early 1900s due to the persecution the Irish by Britain.
As far as I am aware the Pope had nothing to do with it.

Not disputed other than to widen your horizons considerably.

Well I knew that the Irish were an industrious nation, but I never thought they could build a new stretch of land to add on to the North of England. :rolleyes:

There's no such thing as different races. don't start Eflimpudence off on his favourite topic. :whistle:
He certainly has a handle on that copy and paste Wiki button.

Sponsored Links
He certainly has a handle on that copy and paste Wiki button.
It serves its purpose to refute others false claims.
It works for refuting posters' false claims just as well.

It's a shame you haven't got to grips with it, then you could show the forum that you were being honest when you can post what you repeatedly claimed to have posted.

You claimed the N Irish invented Scotland.
Can you give the forum some idea how this was achieved.

A publication of the Archaeological Institute of America

abstracts.gif

Scotland's Irish Origins Volume 54 Number 4, July/August 2001
by Dean R. Snow
Tracking the migration of Gaelic speakers who crossed the Irish Sea 1,700 years ago and became the Scots

Ireland in the Early Christian period (A.D. 400-1177) was made up of at least 120 chiefdoms, usually described in surviving documents as petty kingdoms, typically having about 700 warriors. One of these petty kingdoms was Dál Riata, which occupied a corner of County Antrim, the island's northeasternmost part. Around A.D. 400, people from Dál Riata began to settle across the Irish Sea along the Scottish coast in County Argyll. Other Irish migrants were also establishing footholds along the coast farther south, as far as Wales and even Cornwall, but the migrants from Dál Riata were especially noteworthy because they were known to the Romans as "Scotti" and they would eventually give their Gaelic language and their name to all of what is now known as Scotland.
The royal house of Stuart claimed descent from the Dalriadan clans of Ulster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back