A Blatant Lie by BJ about Trade between NI and GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Switzerland is not in the CU

It has customs borders where it meets the EU.

It's in the single market though, and you won't see lorry loads of toblerones queueing at the border. And although they do trade deals within the umbrella of EFTA, they also do their own FTA's.

Sponsored Links
It's in the single market though, and you won't see lorry loads of toblerones queueing at the border. And although they do trade deals within the umbrella of EFTA, they also do their own FTA's.

UK is a 3rd country

Switzerland is in SM, it pays a fee, it has FoM.

There is still a customs border.

I'm not sure what point you are making

Why do I dispute it, I've said from the beginning 'a little under 300' or 'about 275'.
So we now agree, that there was about 275 (268 exactly) border crossing checkpoints, and there was about 300 total crossing points, but the minor roads were not manned, but blocked.
And there was considerably more than a few checkpoints?

Only as a line on a map. A few checkpoints sprung up during the troubles , apart from that it has always been an open border,
I'm glad we got that sorted.

And neither country can recognise the sovereignty of the EU because...............it's not sovereign, it's merely a collective of nations.(y)
meaningless
what is sovereignty?
Something that the EU isn't.
And each member nation has their own sovereignty. Therefore, together they have collective sovereignty. :rolleyes:
I.e they can invoke their own sovereignty, or they can invoke their collective sovereignty.
Think of the US model, where each state has a degree of sovereignty, or they have the collective sovereignty of the US.

Obviously not as chronic as yours.
Two countries share one border.
Those countries are the RoI and the UK.
Both countries recognise each others sovereignty.
Ireland was one country, They rebelled against English rulers who were impoverishing them, and actively practising severe discrimination against Catholics, to the point that protestant immigration from UK was actively encouraged. It was another example of cultural genocide.

The result was an imposition of the NI/Ireland border by the English Parliament Act.
I suggest you research your history and stop believing the propaganda fed to you by interested, but dishonest parties.

Ireland was one country, They rebelled against English rulers who were impoverishing them, and actively practising severe discrimination against Catholics, to the point that protestant immigration from UK was actively encouraged. It was another example of cultural genocide.

Last time I looked the wiki entry on the potato famine had been severely straightened out post the good Friday agreement. I was glad to see that given comments from some people in S Ireland.

The Catholic or not one problem reminds me of England long ago. No comment. These things happen.

The result was an imposition of the NI/Ireland border by the English Parliament Act.
I suggest you research your history and stop believing the propaganda fed to you by interested, but dishonest parties.
Where do you get this crap from.
Ireland is in the British Isles.
The Irish are British same as the Scots, Welsh and English are British.
The Irish national identify was the creation of the Roman Catholic church as part of its conflict with Protestant England.

This nonsense you promote that the Irish were a homogeneous race who lived in splendid isolation until the big bad English came along and spoiled it all, is ******.

Immigration to Ireland from Britain didn't begin with the English parliament, it has been going on for 1000's of years.

People have been migrating around the British Isles since time immemorial,
If it wasn't for migration from N. Ireland to N. Britain, the country known as Scotland would not exist.
Internal migration within the British Isles has always gone on, it was the R. Catholic church which has fostered the absurd myth that the Irish are a race apart.

NI is part of Ireland

You live in N. Ireland.(fixed that for you)

So you are Irish.
N. Irish but also British, someone can be Scottish and British, just as someone can be Welsh and British.
The problem with Irish nationalism is that you can only be one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back