A Blatant Lie by BJ about Trade between NI and GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ireland is in the British Isles.
The British Isles is almost a social construct and has no individual geo-political delineation. It has only a geographical context. Like Europe has a geographical context, but in geo-political terms it is a conglomeration of nations.
So it depends on your geo-political viewpoint what or where you precisely define as the British Isles.

The toponym "British Isles" refers to a European archipelago consisting of Great Britain, Ireland and adjacent islands. The word "British" is also an adjective and demonym referring to the United Kingdom. and more historically associated with the British Empire. For this reason, the name British Isles is avoided by some, as such usage could be misrepresented to imply continued territorial claims or political overlordship of the Republic of Ireland by the United Kingdom.
Alternatives for the British Isles include "Britain and Ireland", "Atlantic Archipelago", Anglo-Celtic Isles", the "British-Irish Isles" and the Islands of the North Atlantic. In documents drawn up jointly between the British and Irish governments, the archipelago is referred to simply as "these islands"
To some, the dispute is partly semantic, and the term is a value-free geographic one, while, to others, it is a value-laden political one.
United Kingdom law uses the term ]British Islands to refer to the UK, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man as a single collective entity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles_naming_dispute

The Irish are British same as the Scots, Welsh and English are British.
You are confusing the geographical context with the geo-political context. Certainly the N I are British, not the Irish. They're Irish.
If the Irish were British there would be no need for the CTA.

The Irish national identify was the creation of the Roman Catholic church as part of its conflict with Protestant England.
Ireland fought for and gained independence from Britain in the early 1900s due to the persecution the Irish by Britain.
As far as I am aware the Pope had nothing to do with it.

People have been migrating around the British Isles since time immemorial,
Not disputed other than to widen your horizons considerably.

If it wasn't for migration from N. Ireland to N. Britain, the country known as Scotland would not exist.
Well I knew that the Irish were an industrious nation, but I never thought they could build a new stretch of land to add on to the North of England. :rolleyes:

Internal migration within the British Isles has always gone on, it was the R. Catholic church which has fostered the absurd myth that the Irish are a race apart.
There's no such thing as different races. don't start Eflimpudence off on his favourite topic. :whistle:

You do need to repeat stuff to Dazzler at least 6 times before it goes in.
You need to ask durhamplumber the same question umpteen times, and he still won't answer, especially when his only possible correct answer is to destroy his own argument. :ROFLMAO:
He'll keep repeating, "I've already said that". When he knows himself that he's telling lies. You can ask him repeatedly to show you where he's already said it and he resorts to his typical one line insults, or he runs into hiding. :LOL:

Long after you agree,The guy continues to argue over sweet F.A...with himself will do.
You were repeatedly asked to show where you'd said what you claimed to have said. And the best you could come up with is, "I've already said that", when you knew that you hadn't and were unable to prove that what you claimed was correct.
You tell blatant lies, Durhamplumber, and you even have the audacity to accuse others of being disingenuous.
Man up and face the truth, even if it does destroy your fantasies.

You were repeatedly asked to show where you'd said what you claimed to have said. And the best you could come up with is, "I've already said that", when you knew that you hadn't and were unable to prove that what you claimed was correct.
You tell blatant lies, Durhamplumber, and you even have the audacity to accuse others of being disingenuous.
Man up and face the truth, even if it does destroy your fantasies.
See what I mean..He cannot control his urges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back