A challenge for you (and me)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been left with an uneven surface which I need to make even. The unevenness is caused by the side of a kitchen cupboard which is attached to the wall, as below

Any ideas on what I can do to retain the cupboard but make the wall smooth so I can plaster it?

Dan

Sponsored Links
Does the cupboard go the whole depth of that side panel? If not you could always remove it and take a bit off

Is there any possibility of removing the remaining tile adhesive, and then replastering prior to retiling?
John :)

Does the cupboard go the whole depth of that side panel? If not you could always remove it and take a bit off

It does not go the whole depth so I can shorten it off but if I make it flush higher up ill lose an inch an have to resize the cupboard floor and door. I suppose I could retain the width by using L brackets an have the side of the cupboard raised still.

Sponsored Links
Could you not just vertically trim the back edge off the side panel, to the level of the back edge of the worktop?
Then you could make good all the other area with plaster and maybe put a new vertical bead or wotnot to cover the join, possibly remove that existing bead above the worktop, if it is indeed a bead.

Could you not just vertically trim the back edge off the side panel, to the level of the back edge of the worktop?
Then you could make good all the other area with plaster and maybe put a new vertical bead or wotnot to cover the join, possibly remove that existing bead above the worktop, if it is indeed a bead.

Just so I fully understand, you mean build up the wall to the cupboard side level with plaster? After trimming back of course.

I think this is the way forward

That's the way i'd do it.
The new bit of beading or strip of wood or whatever would cover the joins and create a new even edge from top to bottom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back