A dad buys lie detector..............

Joinerjohn.. I used to take the kids to the pub until thye got older as this is what it catered for it had a big play area with swings and slides ,sand castles and a footbsll pitch and the kids would play for hours, we would then have a meal and I could have a couple of pints as it was in walking distance......I thought this was the norm around the country but as you are from Derby it may be a couple of decades behind as when I was working there for a couple of weeks in a place called Spondon , two of our guys was threatened in the pub by a gang of chavs who would not buy a bag off them and some scumbag smashed the van window and damaged all the locks , we were suppose to return a couple of weeks later but it was " NO THANKS"

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sounds like you went to the Crown in Spondon then. Probably the roughest pub there. Lucky they didn't go up the road to Chaddesden. They'd have lost the van completely. ;) ;)
PS I have nothing against parents,grandparents, taking their kids,grandkids, to pubs which serve meals. Just as long as they keep them under control. Sadly, today trying to keep kids under control, is a lot harder than it used to be. ;) ;)

Sounds like you went to the Crown in Spondon then. Probably the roughest pub there. Lucky they didn't go up the road to Chaddesden. They'd have lost the van completely. ;) ;)
PS I have nothing against parents,grandparents, taking their kids,grandkids, to pubs which serve meals. Just as long as they keep them under control. Sadly, today trying to keep kids under control, is a lot harder than it used to be. ;) ;)

cant remember the name of the pub but the locals looked like the cast from deliverance , it was one of the quickest pints we have had but having worked all over the uk I would put derby in the worst top 3 as ****holes..... and there is somewher WORST than spondon in derby!!!!!! i did not think it got worse than that, how do you live there??

I live in a reasonably nice area, in South Derby.
Spondon isn't too bad an area, but Chaddesden has a council estate right in the centre of it. One pub there got chucked out of the pool league because they threatened every team playing them at home. I'm just glad we never played darts there :eek: :eek:
Nah seriously though, I suppose Derby is no different from any other city/town in the country. Feral youths with nothing to do all the time.
;) ;)

Nah seriously though, I suppose Derby is no different from any other city/town in the country. Feral youths with nothing to do all the time.

I'd agree, though you didn't let that stop you from indulging in the national pastime of looking down your nose at liverpool.

Crikey EFCLee, I reckon you'll end up on the Jeremy Kyle Show. Like so many from that great city.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sooey , I have worked in Liverpool on the L1 project ad was there for 8 months, and really enjoyed it and had no problems there...great poeple, great nightlife and lots to do.. what surprised me was the amount of tourists there especially yanks and japanese and when the beatles weekend was on it said there was over 300,000 visitors but nothing in the press about it?? ...

I remember talking to a young student on the train once, she lived somewhere very well to do in the stockbroker belt, she spoke very posh and obviously came from a privileged background. She'd been home for the holidays and all she could say was how fckn made up she was to be going back to the pool. Mostly because of the nightlife I think.
There's good and bad here the same as anywhere else, and I'd class it as a bit of a sh*thole, same as anywhere else. The constant digs, often by people who've never been near and possibly live in worse places, does get annoying though.

My comments about Liverpool were made firmly tongue in cheek. I thought the national pastime was the crack. How so many take life far too seriously.
BTW I have been to Liverpool many times before and yes, I think it's a great city with some great buildings and nice people too. ;) ;)

The constant digs, often by people who've never been near and possibly live in worse places, does get annoying though.

Sooey........You're one of the funniest f*ckers on this site. :LOL: :LOL:

Completely relentless for the good of mankind in my opinion... :LOL:

I normally agree with you ........BUT....... your wrong.

I was working in Liverpool for six or seven months a few years ago.
I was staying at a Hotel in Whiston.
As soon as the locals found out I was installing new equipment at a 'major site' in Knowsley (you might know where I mean), That was it. :LOL: All Hell broke loose. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: FFS I was only putting systems in for them ....I didn't work for them. :rolleyes:

Out on the lash every single night (company paid), Met thousands of scousers, and a few birds in the 'rubber slipper' !!!!

MY point is.......... scousers should take it on the chin. The label is deserved to a certain extent.
The drugs that were on offer was pure madness.. :LOL: Huge amount of scumbags :LOL: and don't even get me onto the f*cking thieving. :LOL:
I have never seen anything like it.

Having said all that........ in between the nastiness......I loved 'em.
Made some good mates up there. :LOL:
BUT NO YOU ARE NOT ALL ANGELS IN A WONDERFUL CITY :LOL: ;)

My comments about Liverpool were made firmly tongue in cheek. I thought the national pastime was the crack. How so many take life far too seriously.
BTW I have been to Liverpool many times before and yes, I think it's a great city with some great buildings and nice people too. ;) ;)

And your comment about my parenting, were they also tongue in cheek?

Sponsored Links
Back