A decent filler...Recommendations please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it on here, but can you guys recommend a good alround, quick drying, easy to sand filler for walls and ceilings. I've heard the red devil ready mixed is pretty good but never used it.
The second part of the question is how to stop the filler showing through after top coats of matt emulsion have been applied. I know people do moan about this. Does oil based undercoat stop the problem?
Suggestions and advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I just always seem to use polycell Multi-Purpose Polyfilla

As it is easy to apply and sands smooth in no time!

Also i think a few coats of paint will cover it for sure.

:D

misterhelpful

I dont know if this is stupid question but whats the difference with the trade filler?

:cool:

Sponsored Links
I honestly couldn't tell you but it is much better than the standard off the shelf stuff. You can get it in B&Q as well.
I originally thought it was just the size of the tub when I first bought it but it has a smoother texture and finish, sands better and dries faster.
I quite like Everbuild all purpose too and powdered fillers (for interior really) dry even quicker.

Okay then mate.

I Dont really go to BnQ anymore i seem to go to wickes as i find its cheaper for materials.But i go to screwfix for all tools.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it on here, but can you guys recommend a good alround, quick drying, easy to sand filler for walls and ceilings. I've heard the red devil ready mixed is pretty good but never used it.
The second part of the question is how to stop the filler showing through after top coats of matt emulsion have been applied. I know people do moan about this. Does oil based undercoat stop the problem?
Suggestions and advice appreciated.
Thanks

ive always used tetrion filler drys white easy to sand and i always put some white matt emulsion on the filler before using the main colour this stops the filler flashing through

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back