A different back boiler system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My apologies if this has been covered before I have had a look and can not see anything similar, I would like to change my existing log burner for a log burner with a back boiler, however i don't want to connect this to the radiators and the hot water directly, I would like to build a system that is independent of the existing heating system which is a modern gas fired combo system and leave it a alone, simply all I want to do it to give the mains feed water and the radiator return water a leg up back into the combo, I have included a simply basic drawing for what I would like to do.
I can't run the pipes up and over from the back boiler to the thermostore so they have to go under the floor to the other side of the house 9m away where the thermostore is 1.5m above the boiler, do I need a pump in this system

Sponsored Links
Can your combination boiler accept pre heated water?

Like about 90c maybe.

Sponsored Links
That's the kind of questioning that confirms you should give it up.

Most CH systems won't explode if there is a power cut whilst the burner is running.

If you don't have a gravity circuit how is the heat going to leave the back boiler when there is no electricity?

That's the kind of questioning that confirms you should give it up.

Most CH systems won't explode if there is a power cut whilst the burner is running.

If you don't have a gravity circuit how is the heat going to leave the back boiler when there is no electricity?
I agree, but there are other ways to move water without electricity, but apart from that minor issue would you agree to the rest of the system in principle

When that store is boiling at 100° C then where is the heat from the wood stove going to go to?

We don't know the output of your stove to the water but suppose it is 5 kW then it will heat up a 250 litre store pretty soon!

Tony

Isn't there something in the Building Regulations which would protect him from his wider dreams?

Do you mean the Madhouse Act 1774 ? Or the later versions in 1828 and 1832?

Or the more recent Lunacy Act 1890 ?

Or the Mental Health Act 1983 ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back