back boiler central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have bought a log burner with a back boiler . i would like to run a couple of rads of jit but not really bothered about the hot water. my question is how i would plumb it in?

Sponsored Links
To avoid being potentially dangerous it needs to be properly designed.

Installing a stove will usually require Building Control involvement.

Needing professional help comes to mind!

Tony

Thanks tony.
its going to be a replacement burner. i had a hunter fitted last year by a hetas engineer. 6inch flue liner etc. so i was going to swap it with this new 14kw beast and get the hunter fitted at the other side of the house. there is a combi boiler fitted in the room above. thats why im not really bothered about hot water. i was going to run a couple of rads in the hall and landing.
with having kids i would not risk there safety. im a kitchen fitter by trade so am pretty handy. I just cant seem to figure out pressurised and vented systems.
When i had the hunter fitted i laboured for the engineer and was surprised how easy the job was to do. in my job i have access to unlimited timber so what would you suggest? combi out and complete heating and water of back boiler? or is thete a way of combining both systems?
cheers

Sponsored Links
I doubt a 6" liner will be anything like adequate for a 14 kW stove!

The 14 kW is the maximum burning the best timber at maximum burn!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back