A different Christmas Song.

The two rows of groundrow(lights) were expertly and very neatly placed in my opinion

Sorry to disagree Mr Tim, if you look closely the right hand set have a slight deviation around the midway section. ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
that'll probably be those clumsy so and so's in sound tripping over and dislodging them :oops:
mind you i'm surprised the singer didnt fall flat on his face the way he was jumping over and over them most of the action was lost either in the camerawork or editing ii'm not sure which, certainly an energetic soul.

Sponsored Links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TDgkOOlbwg

I have this on VHS somewhere, wasn't it on The Late Show, when Kirsty Wark used to present it?

We all used to go nuts to this song down at The Stairway in Croydon, good times :cool:

I have this on VHS somewhere, wasn't it on The Late Show, when Kirsty Wark used to present it?
We all used to go nuts to this song down at The Stairway in Croydon, good times :cool:

I only found it the same day i posted ,worked on it years ago, not knowing when or where it was going to be used or if I'd ever see the edited video on the box as all we saw was the band doing the song and then a wrap (sometimes you were put on things without any information about what it was going to be and just turned up, one day I got put in the studio to find a set of goalposts and Garth Crooks presenting what we thought was some kids program on football skills or what?

Next thing this guy in a pink suit with blobs of colour on turns up and doesn't pay attention to anything he's being told and starts falling around and eventually crashes into the goalposts and demolishes them much to the shock of Garth and the rest of us, turned out we were doing inserts for Noel Edmunds and introducing none other than Mr Blobby :rolleyes: ) but i digress going back to the topic

I remember being a bit narked having been put on it as I wasn't keen on the lighting director who was on it, after setting it all up I stood in the entrance to the tech area in front of this guy with curly dredlocks thinking to myself he looked a typical grungy manufactured type and I'm not going to like this, but i was taken aback by the sheer energy of his set and had to join in with the rest of the crew in clapping their performance, it certainly ingrained itself on me, so was happy to post it here when i found it on you tube (apart from giving myself the chance to reminisce :D ).

"Killing in the Name of" is a classic track. Thank you for the great story Tim.

It would be good if RATM do beat X-Factor, as the whole thing behind it is:
a. A bit of fun

b. Its a reminder that there is great music out there, and the likes of X-Factor deminish the exposure of it.*

c. It helps raise money for Shelter.

* This isn't to say that the people who like X-Factor are some how "wrong", but we have access to more music now than ever before, and the whole thing behind X-Factor is that they conform to some set standard of how a singer sings, and there are only a limited style of songs sung.

In the real world, there are such a bigger range of voices, songs, and styles of music out there.

The world is an incredible place for artistic talent, from classic, folk, to metal, and pop, and all can produce their own material. To have one source churning out number1s every Christmas is depressing.

If it gets people searching out the rich diversity that is out there, so much the better. But lets not kid ourselves, this isn't a new issue, as there was a high level of pap back in the 80s and 90s, (remember SAW?)

Yes, both songs benefit the same label ultimately.

According to sales, RATM are literally just hundreds ahead, with it being 6 hours before the counting starts.

Im sure the x factor dude will pull it off, but whats wrong in making a stand againt it? I played it to my nan earlier (the edited RATM) and she and my gramps enjoyed it. My gramps pointed out that it was the 1st song he had heard in 3 weeks, as he had fallen, had a minor stroke and had only just got his hearing aid back.

Mind you, they own appetite for destruction by G n' R! Bless em'.

Paul.

THIS is a beautiful Xmas song and sung so beautifully too. :D

Have a listen.

I'll be sending you the cleaning bill, after hearing this I fell asleep and woke up with dribble on my new 'christmassy snowman' knitted sweater.

Sponsored Links
Back