A&E Waiting time target likely to be scrapped

Hang on wait for it

The Gallahad punch line ;)

Its all the fault of those who voted Brexit ;)

Sponsored Links
Do you not think targets are putting undue pressure on NHS staff ? That was my point.

I think the targets that have been put in place have unintended consequences. The operation wait lists for example had to be under 18 months, so they started keeping "pre" lists and would only transfer patients once they knew they could meet the 18 month window. I agree some place undue pressure, some focus efforts on the wrong thing.

These issues could be foreseen with some sensible planning but the NHS is a key political football. The new broom comes in and undoes everything that went before and implements a "new" approach. Next new broom undoes again and goes back. It's like a very expensive pendulum.

Worst ever thinking was that a philanthropic service could be run on a profit/loss basis, that and ignoring highly experienced clinicians.

Hang on wait for it

The Gallahad punch line ;)

Its all the fault of those who voted Brexit ;)

The issues of the NHS are the fault of all political parties or all persuassions that have had their hand in over the last 25 years. This pre-dates Brexit. However, we ain't seen nothing yet.

Sponsored Links
The issues of the NHS are the fault of all political parties or all persuassions that have had their hand in over the last 25 years. This pre-dates Brexit. However, we ain't seen nothing yet.

there u go then just as I thought ;)

all those who voted brexit are not only all racists ;)

but will also be responsible for the demise of the NHS ;)

and dare I say it :eek: also global warming / climate change

there u go then just as I thought ;)

all those who voted brexit are not only all racists ;)

but will also be responsible for the demise of the NHS ;)

and dare I say it :eek: also global warming / climate change

What the actual F are you on about? Did I say any of those things?

The biggest threat to the NHS is the current band of Tories and their agenda (it may be intertwined) and that has feck all to do with Brexit. They are morally bereft full stop when it comes to our health service.

The biggest threat to the NHS is the current band of Tories and their agenda (it may be intertwined) and that has feck all to do with Brexit. They are morally bereft full stop when it comes to our health service.

you implied it :LOL:

We aint seen nothing yet ;)

My work colleagues daughter who is a nurse is having a baby.
She will have 9 months full paid leave. And will pay less tax, so she is better off at home than at work.
Is it any wonder the system is broken I said. And he agreed with me.
His other three sons work in health care also and his soon to be daughter in law is a doctor.
They are moving to australia after the wedding as the pay is better there.
Half as good again I'm told.

Last edited:
In fact most things can be blamed on those who voted Brexit

NHS
Global Warming
Defence spending
Cut in Police numbers
This Asian Gang caper
Knife crime
Harry & Meghan
My conservatory roof leaking

and the list could go on

Oh forgot
this caper in Iran

Get used to it. Five years of tory rule and conservative money saving austerity.
Just what the doctor ordered.:D

Get used to it. Five years of tory rule and conservative money saving austerity.
Just what the doctor ordered.:D

They're all as bad as each other in reality but this lot seem determined to screw the health service. It is what it is.

No, and nor do you. Where in your original posts were cancer units mentioned.
Typical hate, arguing a side issue to avoid the key point.

Which is scrapping waiting times.

Announced by Matt Hancock, who wants NHS privatised so he can pocket some more dough.

Sponsored Links
Back