A&E Waiting time target likely to be scrapped

Sponsored Links
It all boils down to the same narrative ;)

Its all the fault of those who voted Brexit and did not vote for Corbyn ;)

Tis what all these posts are about eventually

if its not said its implied

Remoaners trolling the web looking for some thing , any thing to support there agenda

Jeez us wept :LOL:

The remoaners all need a a couple of weeks of intensive colonic irrigation treatment :LOL: that will sort em out

dunno if its available on the NHS , but dare say it could be crowd funded :LOL:

It's the old t wats who voted to burn the country behind them that will be the first to see what they've done! :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
In A&E departments. Typical notchy, missing the point completely,left right and fuc*$'ng centre.
Hate lies as usual

This thread is about the fact the government is scrapping waiting times.
Not whether cancer is an emergency

I am right
You are wrong, as you always are

Did he say that..... ???

He has his nose in the trough, keen to flog the NHS so he can pocket some money
Its the real reason the NHS is being privatised, ****s like himnwith vested interests.

Newly appointed health secretary Matt Hancock received £32,000 in donations from the chairman of a think tank which critics say is trying to “abolish the NHS”.

After becoming an MP in 2010 Mr Hancock has received regular donations of between £2,000 and £4,000 from millionaire currency manager and Conservative Party donor Neil Record

Does anyone really believe that the plans to drop the A&E targets are really about delivering better care?

There may be some advantage, may be, ( I'm not saying there is, but it's possible), to dropping the targets or updating it to something else but the simplest reason for doing it is to avoid pointing out how bad the delays are at A&E now compared to the past. Does anyone actually believe the main objective is to improve care rather than improve PR?

Even if you're a stout defender of all things Boris Johnson this should be a matter of concern to everyone, in particular Tories. Let's face it, Tory voters are on average older and so more in need of A&E than most.

There may be some advantage, may be, ( I'm not saying there is, but it's possible), to dropping the targets or updating it to something else but the simplest reason for doing it is to avoid pointing out how bad the delays are at A&E now compared to the past.
Are there any records for A&E waiting times before targets were set ? As already pointed out, there are many reasons A&E wait times are high, one being people unable to get a GP appointment. I read GP practices are funded at a certain cost per patient per year, so the more patients on the book, the more they get as an income, so if they have too many patients, they can't see them immediately, so they go to A&E.They could get another GP in the practice to share the burden, but also share the money, so they may be reluctant to do that. It all needs a re think (not privatising), but where do they start? Chucking money at it has been tried already.

Chucking money at it (the NHS) has been tried, and it worked if memory serves. Corrections welcomed though.

Dropping the targets isn't going to fix any of that though. It'll just serve to hide the problem.

It serves as a simple measure of how overloaded the system is, no one seems to believe that increasing the number of A&E staff is going to fix it, it's all about improving other aspects of the NHS.

Your point about the statistics only dating back so far has merit, but that's also going to apply to the new metrics whatever they happen to be.

I note you didn't answer my question, do you believe this is to improve car more than PR? I'd be interested to know your answer.

I can remember a NHS before the waiting times were introduced.. not just A&E, but waiting times for operations, cancer treatment etc. And it was a sham, pot luck as to getting treated in a timely manner. The introduction of the waiting times really did help people on a whole. It's not a good move to get rid, it really isn't imo, least of us it allows us to see reports on how well the NHS is doing.

Even if you're a stout defender of all things Boris Johnson this should be a matter of concern to everyone, in particular Tories. Let's face it, Tory voters are on average older and so more in need of A&E than most.

Really? Any figures to back that up?
Unless the much - touted "we need immigration for cheap @RSE-wiping" is going to be accommodated in A & E now.....

Really? Any figures to back that up?
Unless the much - touted "we need immigration for cheap @RSE-wiping" is going to be accommodated in A & E now.....
I think the age connection is probably accepted, you're asking more about the age difference?

In fact, for every 10 years older a voter is, their chance of voting Tory increases by around nine points, and the chance of them voting Labour decreases by eight points.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...12/17/how-britain-voted-2019-general-election

Sponsored Links
Back