A few question re our joiners recent work.....

My skirting board was glued and screwed as the walls were not straight. Sadly they filled the holes with caulk, and it looked a dog's dinner. I spent a day digging out the caulk, refilling, and sanding. And the joiner caulked between the board and the walls. I cam back one day to find large knobs of caulk hanging off the board. Next day he'd cut it off. The caulking was a mess and I had to dig out much of it and redo. It was odd because the joinery was good, and caulking is trivial to do well. Hard to believe someone could do an A1 job of skirting, and a E- job of filling/caulking. Unless they got the junior apprentice to do it.

Anyway, as said, I was told the filling and caulking were done 'as a favour' rather than as part of the cost i.e. it was not normal. Was this bull to avoid me removing money from the payment due to redoing it, or was it honest?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back