A lean-to building without a structural floor?

Sponsored Links
Hi Morse4, I did, I've sent you some pics & info :)

Hi Helvellyn950,

Sorry to join the requests, but could you send the info and Pics to me too please ? I'm in exactly the same position re the concrete garage (lidget) and the base requirements, so i'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Just logged in to find a number of PM's about this.

I built it detached by 1" from the main house, as the building control officer told me on the phone (whispered) that detached is detached. 1" is detached. 1 ft is detached. The gap is irrelevant.

I built it all myself, no planning officers or building control involved in the end as it's under the thresholds in height, area and attachment etc. The only help I had was the concrete pour (from a mixer lorry). I'm no expert and I made mistakes, but I had fun, learned some new skills and it's stood strong, secure and weather-tight since 2012.

The real test will be when I come to sell the property and surveyors & solicitors have had a look, but I trade properties for a living and the things I see missed, I expect it'll be fine.

Just in case, I have an appeal case handy for reference, where a building was detached by 25mm, which is attached to this message.

Here are some pics of the build:

There's another thread about the timber-framed building too:

The rubber roofing was well worth the extra money. I'm learning from property refurbishment experience the problems that leaks can cause!

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• Detatched outbuildings - 61 Fountains Crescent - Appeal Decision Notice.pdf
    271.5 KB · Views: 448

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back