'A' Level grades - how about a sensible discussion....

To distill it, a degree in this country has been heavily diluted
Indeed, but because education in the UK is a privatised industry jobs that previously didn't require a degree have been pushed to now include it as the required criteria...

The result being of course that there are many over qualified till operators and refuse collectors!

And in debt for life!

Sponsored Links
What did people expect?

They picked an algorithm that was weighted in favour of smaller cohorts where the teachers predicted grades had higher influence. It just happens to be that private schools have smaller cohorts so they benefited more.

So a smart kid from a poorer performing school which tends to be in poorer areas would be viewed against the lower expectations of the school so were downgraded.

You reap what you sow.

Now that Ofqual appeals guidance has been withdrawn - is the icing on the cake.

Indeed, but because education in the UK is a privatised industry jobs that previously didn't require a degree have been pushed to now include it as the required criteria...

The result being of course that there are many over qualified till operators and refuse collectors!

And in debt for life!

True, but things do change, for instance my father turned down an opportunity to do a degree in medicine at oxford to do a science degree at Leeds, because back then medicine degrees were deemed a bit crap.

So a smart kid from a poorer performing school which tends to be in poorer areas would be viewed against the lower expectations of the school so were downgraded.
Elitism rears it's ugly head in the UK from the word go...

The problem is, the UK as a whole suffers in order that the few make a killing!

However along with the other issues that are plaguing us right now, I have a feeling that UK PLC will die a death and the elite will have killed the golden goose...

Mind you, a bit of chaos before a reboot would be a good thing!

Sponsored Links
Elitism rears it's ugly head in the UK from the word go...

The problem is, the UK as a whole suffers in order that the few make a killing!

However along with the other issues that are plaguing us right now, I have a feeling that UK PLC will die a death and the elite will have killed the golden goose...

Mind you, a bit of chaos before a reboot would be a good thing!

As long as the serfs know their position in life and keep doffing their cap and voting against their best interests - all is good and well.

What are these pesky kids doing getting an education? Who needs a bloody education I did well with no GCSE's - bloody elites are the ones who are too educated - bloody libtards in Islington never done a real days work. /s

I wonder what Jo Johnson did to earn his elevation to the House of Lords?

Apart from being an Old Etonian, Conservative Politician, whose brother happens to be the Prime Minister.

I wonder what Zak Goldsmith did to earn his elevation to the House of Lords?

Apart from being an Old Etonian, failed Conservative Politician rejected by the electorate, whose buddy happens to be the Prime Minister.

We already have a fair society.

oh, is that what you think.

I wonder what Jo Johnson did to earn his elevation to the House of Lords?

Apart from being an Old Etonian, Conservative Politician, whose brother happens to be the Prime Minister.

I wonder what Zak Goldsmith did to earn his elevation to the House of Lords?

Apart from being an Old Etonian, failed Conservative Politician rejected by the electorate, whose buddy happens to be the Prime Minister.

But then you could add to what did war criminal Blair do to deserve elevation to the upper house.

Is Blair a member of the upper house?

I'm for once shocked, I would have gambled the millionanaire question on Blair being a Lord. Oh well I just lost several hundred k. Anyway he's still a noob.

Sponsored Links
Back