A little help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to change the control unit for my immersion heater atm its an Horstmann economy 7 quartz but the timers broke on it and i no longer use economy 7.
I just want a replacement switching unit with a timer but want to make sure i get the right one and one that's fairly straight forward to install.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If no Economy 7 then why use a timer? Most tanks today are very well insulated and unless water is used will remain hot for days. So really no point in a timer. The exception is if you have another form of heating which is timed and you want to inhibit electric close to other form starting.

If no Economy 7 then why use a timer? Most tanks today are very well insulated and unless water is used will remain hot for days. So really no point in a timer. The exception is if you have another form of heating which is timed and you want to inhibit electric close to other form starting.

Good point, I was assuming it was to "boost" for morning/evening showers etc. Quite often CH boilers do not always provide hot enough DHW during the winter while they are busy warming up the rads.

Sponsored Links
Yea good point indeed, as I haven't central heating and the shower is electric I only use the hot water for washing up and such.

Thanks for your help guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back