A Motoring Tale.

I was behind a white van earlier (no discrespect to white van drivers).

About 3 cars in front of him, there were two buses parked at a bus stop. The road was pretty busy, and we weren't moving because the bus stop is in the road and there was oncoming.

The white van man poked his head out and yelled "come on move your bloody buses aart o' t'road".

What a total moron. Why couldn't he just wait? He got past both buses anyway, as they stopped at another stop further down the road and it was quiet enough to pass.

Idiots like this who give white van men a bad name. It wasn't even a transit, it was a toyota toy van or somesuch. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Crafty said:
Idiots like this who give white van men a bad name.
Are you shawaah?!

From what you've said he was at the courteous end of the white van driver spectrum. :eek:

The M11 in only two lanes..... like a dual carriageway. The same rules apply the inside lane is for travelling the outside lane for overtaking ONLY.....

Sponsored Links
I own something else and wring its neck frequently... :eek:

But I only counted 230kph, not the claimed 347.... :?:

Had my Corporate driving assessment today.

The comments were: Excellent drive. Stick to speed limits.

I queried this. It turned out I'd done 31 in a 30, and 53 in a 50.

He said he was struggling to mark me down & had to put something.... :cry:

I noted the 'paddling' in MPH - more or less - with a smidge of parallax thrown in.
46 : 71 : 96 : 118 : 140
Maxed in this instance at 149 ... noted the odometre 0.9 Km, 984 yds in old dosh, going 0-149
I also got in MPH
0 - 60 in 4 secs (0.68g)
0 - 75 in 5 secs (0.68g)
0 - 112 in 11 secs
0 - 149 in 21 secs (0.32g)

Looked to be pulling less than 7000 revs at 240 kph (was changing gear at around 8000, 8500 is limit I think, from Top gear test)

Mike hailwood's 250cc Honda '6' (cylinder) from '67 gave 65 bhp at 17000 rpm a spectacular 260 bhp per litre. That was some 250 !! racer or not. It was close to modern day MotoGp output per litre...
The F430 gets 483 bhp from 4.308 litres, 112 bhp/litre...

Oh well back to checking out the insurance ;)

securespark said:
I own something else and wring its neck frequently... :eek:

But I only counted 230kph, not the claimed 347.... :?:

Had my Corporate driving assessment today.

The comments were: Excellent drive. Stick to speed limits.

I queried this. It turned out I'd done 31 in a 30, and 53 in a 50.

He said he was struggling to mark me down & had to put something.... :cry:

If he was checking your speedometer, he would have been wrong to mark you down.

All speedometers are overated by at least 5% usually more, which allows for a wheel size change.

Sat- Navs give accurate mph. If you check your Sat- Nav to your speedometer, you will see the difference.

Sat- Navs give accurate mph. If you check your Sat- Nav to your speedometer, you will see the difference.

Thanks for that snippit Trazor, woundered which was correct when I first noticed the difference with mine.
Have noted the faster I go the more align they become.

Satnav reads 30 and speedo reads 34 :D

I thought it wrong too, and said so. But it made no difference.

I too use the S/N for more accurate speed. The Transit tops out at a limited 70mph. The S/N reads 70, the clock 74/5.

But at lower speeds, the discrepancy is greater.

The transit tops out at 70mph, cant be a new one secure.

I followed one up the Mickelham bends last week and I couldn't catch it and backed of at 90ish.

It was pulling a small water bowser (about 50 gallons) which was braked and every time the git driving stood on the brakes the wheels locked up leaving a cloud of tyre smoke.

He then followed another van (possible a mate, I couldn't see the sign writing) about 2 feet behind at speeds in excess of 70mph.

Strangely nobody flashed or blaired their horns at this behaviour, and luckily for the git driver there was no police van sitting doing speed checks where they usually wait to catch people....... :evil:

empip said:
I noted the 'paddling' in MPH - more or less - with a smidge of parallax thrown in.
46 : 71 : 96 : 118 : 140
Maxed in this instance at 149 ... noted the odometre 0.9 Km, 984 yds in old dosh, going 0-149
I also got in MPH
0 - 60 in 4 secs (0.68g)
0 - 75 in 5 secs (0.68g)
0 - 112 in 11 secs
0 - 149 in 21 secs (0.32g)

Looked to be pulling less than 7000 revs at 240 kph (was changing gear at around 8000, 8500 is limit I think, from Top gear test)

Mike hailwood's 250cc Honda '6' (cylinder) from '67 gave 65 bhp at 17000 rpm a spectacular 260 bhp per litre. That was some 250 !! racer or not. It was close to modern day MotoGp output per litre...
The F430 gets 483 bhp from 4.308 litres, 112 bhp/litre...

Oh well back to checking out the insurance ;)

Don't really understand why you're comparing a motorbike with a car ?

Daz66 said:
The transit tops out at 70mph, cant be a new one secure.

54 plate - get a new one later this year. It would go faster but for the fact it is limited.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back