Silly Silly Man

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although this sounds like a joke, it most certainly is not!

A BMW driver has complained to the company about the Active Cruise Control on his vehicle failing to work as it should.

He complained, "I was in the outside lane doing 70mph and I was getting closer and closer to this tipper truck."

OK. You or I would realise that we were travelling too quickly and moderate our progress with careful use of the brake pedal.

Not this bright feller...

"I was literally yards behind when I had to slam the brakes on."

What was he doing not to notice, reading the paper?

There's more:

"The cruise control was still telling me that the road ahead was clear."

Yes, but what did your eyes tell you????

The really bad news:

"I do 40,000 miles a year plus..."

So no doubt one of you may come across this prime plonker.

You have been warned!

Sponsored Links
There is the story of an American (true?) driving his RV who set the cruise control and then went to the back to, I think, make coffee.

It crashed.

Idiots abound.

There is the story of an American (true?) driving his RV who set the cruise control and then went to the back to, I think, make coffee.

It crashed.

Idiots abound.

Not true. Its an urban myth according to Snopes.

As for the Audi cruise control telling the driver it is clear ahead, that is probably true.
After all, everyone knows that Audi's and BMW's have their own lanes on motorways and us mere mortals are not allowed to use them. ;)

What gets me is how heavily he is relying on the in-car tech to "drive" the car.

Unbelievable.

Sponsored Links
It goes with the idiots who end up in a canal or driving down railroad tracks and then say "But the SatNav told me to turn left there...."

Back