A Nice Looking Plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone point me to where I can get a nice looking re-wireable mains plug like the moulded ones you get with appliances. The re- wireable ones just look cheap and nasty.
This is what I mean the greay one has nice rounded lines and the other is just cheap looking.
IMG_20231211_220907357.jpg
IMG_20231211_220858578.jpg

Sponsored Links
Permaplug have a different feel and aesthetic...
1702335115315.png

Masterplug are also ok...

1702335188935.png

However, if you want the full moulded plug vibe, rewire the appliance on the other end of the cable! :)

...although, should you be complaining about the plug, when your sockets look that bad! :giggle:

Or there are these rewireable ones https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK0646CHA.html if you want to pay far too much for something which is far worse than the same product from 20 years ago.
TBH, I haven't noticed any difference between the quality of new MK plugs, to the 20 or so year old ones that are in our PAT spares box. Although we would only buy white ones, and they are a lot pricier now.
They are our standard plug for PAT swapouts and can sustain quite a few drops - the only breakages seem to occur at a weak point on the exterior, around where the cable grips locate inside.

Sponsored Links
If you really must have substandard cheaply produced moulded on plugs, then this is the only option: https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pe01023/lead-uk-plug-bare-end-blk-1-5mm/dp/PL13286
Yes that looks better but its the wrong way around - I need the plug to be rewirable.
Example fitting a new kitchen worktops and need to cut off the moulded plug on dishwasher and washing machine so I can pass thye wire through the worktop neatly.
I have checked at the appliance end and they are soldered on in an non accessible space.

Permaplug have a different feel and aesthetic...
View attachment 324893
Masterplug are also ok...

View attachment 324894
However, if you want the full moulded plug vibe, rewire the appliance on the other end of the cable! :)

...although, should you be complaining about the plug, when your sockets look that bad! :giggle:
Yes that permaplug looks a bit nicer -- you got the idea of what I am after.

Example fitting a new kitchen worktops and need to cut off the moulded plug on dishwasher and washing machine so I can pass thye wire through the worktop neatly.
Then, could you extend the fixed wiring below the worktop and add in a new socket out of sight?

Reactions: CBW
Then, could you extend the fixed wiring below the worktop and add in a new socket out of sight?
Cant I just have a nice plug :ROFLMAO:
I have found a niche in the market, I'm going to call it pretty plugs. Also why can i not find a grey one, white, black, red but not grey.
:ROFLMAO:

A couple of cheaper ones? Oddly Wickes states Masterplug but image Permaplug?

Yes I think the wickes one is nicer than what I have.
Also found this one which is masterplug. https://cpc.farnell.com/masterplug/pt13w/mains-plug-13a-white/dp/PL14188
Capplture.JPG

Cant I just have a nice plug :ROFLMAO:
I have found a niche in the market, I'm going to call it pretty plugs. Also why can i not find a grey one, white, black, red but not grey.
:ROFLMAO:
I'm afraid your website has already been taken...
But all they seem to be selling are the same old ugly plugs, with some (debatably!) pretty flex! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Don't drill a hole in the new work top or you'll need new work top again, the mind boggles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back