A Nice Looking Plug

I was primarly thinking of the faceplate between the pins L, N & E.
I think some would not only coat the rear, but the sides and the face in some instances too.

Sponsored Links
Frodo , I notice you in Melbourne.
Some of our family from that small island of Oz are over here for the festive season too.
You might know them, after all it is only a small country isn`t it?
They live about an hours drive from Brisbane
;)

I was primarly thinking of the faceplate between the pins L, N & E.
I think some would not only coat the rear, but the sides and the face in some instances too.
Pins L an N are already Half-Insulated - so, dye on this insulation would not matter.
The Earth pin connects to an "Earthed" contact, but one would clean any dye from it or mask it to make sure that it was not "contaminated".

The socket face between pin holes is insulated until you plug in the plugtop.
If you pressed a conductive metal strip onto the socket face between L, N, E then would it compromise insulation?

Sponsored Links
The socket face between pin holes is insulated until you plug in the plugtop.
If you pressed a conductive metal strip onto the socket face between L, N, E then would it compromise insulation?
It would not compromise the insulation of the already half-insulated L and N pins.
That is the very reason that they are now required to be half-insulated.

It would not compromise the insulation of the already half-insulated L and N pins. ... That is the very reason that they are now required to be half-insulated.
Although it does, indeed, have that effect, I very much doubt that it is the 'very reason' why the pins are required to be half-insulated - I think you'll find that the primary reason was to stop small fingers, or metallic objects held in hands, touching the metal parts of the pins before they had been withdrawn enough to disengage from the receptacles.

Or any metal/conductive objects "being" between the pins,
including pressing "a conductive metal strip onto the socket face between L and N"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back