A Nice Looking Plug

The knife block stays there not moved - same for the kettle it sits on its base but does get picked up to uses I suppose but the plug is totally visible.
Fair enough - it's what you like/want (and are happy with) that matters.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
If it is done nicely and trimmed and semisecure it can be , in some instances, sort of acceptable.
Certainly not my first choice but thereagain I have seen some awfull things done to save a fe bob or a bit of work.
The ones I have done (not many) have been a Holesaw to accomodate the plugtop size and it gets a fancy trim on it then the centre hole is drilled flex sized and finally the slug is sawn in two "D"s to enable easy flex removal and a little bit of ply and tiny screws underneath to enamble it to become one again.
Not just a big hole in the worktop.

Sponsored Links
Following on from this thread I came across this

quite apart from it looking hideous, surely the fact that pan head screws have been used to fix the faceplate down will also mean that the plug won't sit flush.
Still what can you expect for £70 this days

quite apart from it looking hideous, surely the fact that pan head screws have been used to fix the faceplate down will also mean that the plug won't sit flush.
Still what can you expect for £70 this days
Quite so - and, unless it's 'a trick of the camera', it looks as if those panhead screws look to be brass (or maybe gold, given the price :) ), which seems a little odd for a ';brushed steel' item.
..... Still what can you expect for £70 this days
Maybe there's a surcharge for the hideousness? ;)

Kind Regards, John

Its £68 for the screws and £2 for the rest.
I think they are trying to create a "steam punk vintage look"
:unsure: wonder if they have got any plugs :ROFLMAO:

Yes there is. I saw a post about this where someone was asking if it was ok what their fitter had done and he had loose sockets under in surface mount boxes, which was a whole other debate about allowed or not.
The other thing is if we ar going away for a few days we like to turn them off at the socket.
You could place a switch above the bench top to control the socket-outlet underneath the bench top
and
the socket-outlet itself could be unswitched - if you like
See https://www.toolstation.com/electri.../switches-sockets/c660?type=Unswitched+Socket
Cant I just have a nice plug :ROFLMAO:
why can i not find a grey one, white, black, red but not grey.
:ROFLMAO:
If you start with a white plastic product you can use Vinyl Dye to dye it almost any colour that you like.
You can also dye your wall-plates etc. to match your decor. (Don't attempt to do this "in-situ".)

See https://www.vinyldye.co.uk/
and https://www.vinyldye.co.uk/Games_Consoles_Vinyl_Dye

Last edited:
Now that is very interesting, have you tried it yourself
One caveat, has the manufacturer of that colour actually declared its non-conducting properties for safe use on plugs, sockets etc ?

Now that is very interesting, have you tried it yourself
A similar product but only on "cordage".
One caveat, has the manufacturer of that colour actually declared its non-conducting properties for safe use on plugs, sockets etc ?
That does not matter if one colours only the "rear" and leaves the electrical contact side "as - is".
The electrical contact side is not seen when the plug is in use!

(Mask the contact side while spraying.
If spraying socket-outlet wall-plates, it should be passible to ensure that the spray does not reach the contacts inside.
Just the temporary insertion of cotton-wool should be enough but socket-outlets can be dismantled and re assembled !

Of course, the job should be done with the wall-plate disconnected and in a place where excess spray will not damage other items.
When I have done this, it has been done outside, on grass with newspaper on the grass. )

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back