A not so hypothetical case

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If a forum member notices a newish member with exactly the same (very unusual and distinct) username as a universally despised troll from another forum, and the same style of writing, choice of subjects etc. so much as to leave no doubt whatsoever that this is the same person.
Would that forum member be within his rights to call attention to the new users previous (obscene and utterly despicable) behaviour, albeit on a different forum? Even though the user in question has behaved himself up to the present.
I reckon that people should be held to account for their actions where possible, even on the internet. Accordingly this is what I tried to do, in a post which was deleted, though there was nothing impolite or untrue. So I thought I would canvass opinions.

Sponsored Links
If you wanted to be considered a grass, your well within your rights to do such a thing ;)
But joking apart, if the said new member is a knobend, sooner or latter all will be revealed and people can then make their own judgements.
Without any outside help or influences.
who is it? :LOL:

Jeezus... stop being so obtuse..!! what.... or who !! are you on about????

'Proof' is a difficult thing though sooey. I mean, how do you know REALLY it's the same person?

Sponsored Links
If a user on one forum has been causing problems, then joins another, and doesn't cause problems, there is no need to name and shame, as they haven't caused any problems on the new forum, and doing so might result in cyberbullying, to goad them back into their old ways. Maybe they are trying to make a new start? Maybe it didn't go so well for them in the previous forum? And it might be that the person has a similar username, but is a completely different person? Some forums are happy, and some are critical of posts. This forum is mainly happy, but the mods keep a lid on the negative, so well managed.

I just KNOW.
Prentice makes a good point. Though personally I'm just happy to make it known to people what kind of a cnt they are dealing with. I wouldn't expect admin to ban him for something he did elsewhere, though it would make me laugh if that were to happen. :LOL:
His name spells out a well known football institution when read backwards.

Fair point micky, but this particular ahole went so far beyond the pale that in my opinion he deserves to be outed wherever he goes. So f*ck him.

The forum I refer to is the screwfix forum. That's where this pr*ck stole another users (not mine) id by copying his username with a full stop at the end of it. He then used it to post a never ending stream of nonsense over 6000 odd posts, (not a very well administered forum).
Worse, in my eyes, he then started to abuse another member (me), not being able to win an argument he resorted to making obscene remarks about my elderly mother after I had mentioned her in one of my posts. This amounted to accusing me of having sexual relations with my own mother, complete with vivid descriptions of the very worst kind. This carried on over a number of weeks and a number of different threads. Like I said, not a very well administered forum. Whilst I know that this creeps posts were only the work of a perverted and sick mind, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to make other people aware of this idiots character.

The forum I refer to is the screwfix forum. That's where this pr*ck stole another users (not mine) id by copying his username with a full stop at the end of it. He then used it to post a never ending stream of nonsense over 6000 odd posts, (not a very well administered forum).
Worse, in my eyes, he then started to abuse another member (me), not being able to win an argument he resorted to making obscene remarks about my elderly mother after I had mentioned her in one of my posts. This amounted to accusing me of having sexual relations with my own mother, complete with vivid descriptions of the very worst kind. This carried on over a number of weeks and a number of different threads. Like I said, not a very well administered forum. Whilst I know that this creeps posts were only the work of a perverted and sick mind, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to make other people aware of this idiots character.
How very nasty. Just the sort of big lad I like having a chat too. I'll be watching you like a hawk son.
Cheers sooey.

Nice one blas, there are quite a few people on the screwfix forum who come on here. Hopefully one of them will spot this thread and chime in with their own opinion on this creature. At least then you wouldn't just have my word to go on.

To be honest I have had some interaction with the accused and joined in one or two threads with this member. Never encountered any problems. other than the fact the guy is delusional and thinks King Kenny is the saviour!
But if what you said is true sooey, sounds like a very sick individual.

Oh it's true alright, or I wouldn't have made the accusation. Anyone who could be bothered could go onto that forum and check out the username ponty01. (full stop at the end) to see the mayhem he caused by stealing the user ponty01's id. That carried on over 6000 posts, actually giving out plumbing advice, though the pr*ck in question is a painter. Even pretending to be corgi registered and trying to give out gas work related advice. That's all easily checkable, though the vilest abuse I was referring to will long since have been deleted by the admin over there, so would be harder to prove. Though he and I know the truth of it, and probably quite a lot of users on sf.

Sponsored Links
Back