A not so secret meeting...

Your point was about animal welfare from American sourced meat. What’s your point now - don’t buy meat from America or don’t buy meat from abroad? Do the Australian and New Zealand animals suffer from poor welfare like you think the American ones do?
so brexit hasn't increased your choice? Just made you more aware of imported products ?

something that was never a concern before

Sponsored Links
None of those items have a rating above 3-stars.
Cheap cuts: sounds like Bre*it to me.
Notch was talking about animal welfare from USA meat and linking it to Brexit. Are you saying that if the British meat sold in Sainsbury’s gets just a three star rating from consumers, that is an indication of poor animal welfare?

Sponsored Links
Notch was talking about animal welfare from USA meat and linking it to Brexit. Are you saying that if the British meat sold in Sainsbury’s gets just a three star rating from consumers, that is an indication of poor animal welfare?
Not really. No.
Europe insisted upon live transport after the BSE fear and since the Dutch horse meat scandal i don't trust anything processed in those pre-packed plastic wrapped cartons. American standards are even lower and after reading about the methods used in their processing plants, am in no hurry to try their burgers anymore.

Not really. No.
Europe insisted upon live transport after the BSE fear and since the Dutch horse meat scandal i don't trust anything processed in those pre-packed plastic wrapped cartons. American standards are even lower and after reading about the methods used in their processing plants, am in no hurry to try their burgers anymore.

Buying direct from a butcher is not always a guarantee of high standards.

No, it is not.
Do you have a more recent example than from a 1996 article in The Post?
I imagine things have changed a bit since then.
That was just a memorable one where 15 people died and 250 fell ill but I’m sure there are many more not so severe cases as that. With the pre-packed meat sold in supermarkets compared with the relatively smaller amount sold in independent butchers, I’d expect the supermarkets to have a higher standard of hygiene.

Your point was about animal welfare from American sourced meat. What’s your point now - don’t buy meat from America or don’t buy meat from abroad? Do the Australian and New Zealand animals suffer from poor welfare like you think the American ones do?
trade deals with Aust and NZ mean imports that can undercut UK farming

that would lead to less UK farm output, less opportunity to buy British -brexit supporters bang on about how protectionism is bad, but its not.

trade deals with Aust and NZ mean imports that can undercut UK farming

that would lead to less UK farm output, less opportunity to buy British -brexit supporters bang on about how protectionism is bad, but its not.
Do we have that trade deal in place already?

"An extraordinary cross-party summit bringing together leading leavers and remainers – including Michael Gove and senior members of Keir Starmer’s shadow cabinet – has been held in high secrecy to address the failings of Brexit"

"A confidential introductory statement for those at the meeting acknowledged that there was now a view among “some at least, that so far the UK has not yet found its way forward outside the EU” with Brexit “acting as a drag on our growth and inhibiting the UK’s potential”

“The main thrust of it was that Britain is losing out, that Brexit it not delivering, our economy is in a weak position”

Linky Linky

They might claim that rejoining is not on the agenda atm , but given the total c*ck up that is brexit (and it will always be so) it's only a matter of time given the natural process of 'voter renewal' :)

Returning, for a change, to the actual topic of the thread, I wonder what progress Sunak is making in cleaning up the Brexit clusterflick.

I hear he is hoping to patch up Johnson's NI shambles.

But the Brextremists plan to stop him.

After Belfast, he will fly to Munich on Saturday. The ill-named Cleverley is in Brussels.

Sunak will be reporting progress (if any) to the Cabinet on Tuesday.

Sponsored Links
Back