A Plea

I sometimes imagine, when daydreaming, what this country would be like if ALL such criminals were just quietly disposed of and the ultimate outcome, in my imaginings, is a utopia where there is no crime, where we need not lock our doors and windows, and where we may walk the streets in safety.

You will be astounded how few of us there would be left.

I dare not mention to you the number of times I have mentioned to fellow members of the various groups to which I belong the times we have suffered theft.

Perhaps I am simply naïve (I was brought up to believe that certain people in certain sections of society do not steal, amongst other things), but I am shocked to find thieves in these groups.

Sponsored Links
I sometimes imagine, when daydreaming, what this country would be like if ALL such criminals were just quietly disposed of and the ultimate outcome, in my imaginings, is a utopia where there is no crime, where we need not lock our doors and windows, and where we may walk the streets in safety.

I agree.
Much better world though.

I dare not mention to you the number of times I have mentioned to fellow members of the various groups to which I belong the times we have suffered theft.

Perhaps I am simply naïve (I was brought up to believe that certain people in certain sections of society do not steal, amongst other things), but I am shocked to find thieves in these groups.

I suppose it depends on how far you want to take it. Although I consider myself an honest, upright, outstanding, wonderful, admirable citizen, I confess that I'd think nothing of picking up a pound coin if I found one on the floor. I wouldn't stoop to pick up a penny, though.

You have my sympathy, Dex.

I think I can speak from experience having been burgled many times in the past.

Two salient pints that I learnt:
1. Make your house look more difficult to break into than all the other houses. (I appreciate that you overlooked a window on this occasion. I'm talking generally). If your house has window locks, decent doors, burglar alarms, looks as though it's occupied, even a dog, etc the potential burglers will usuallly look elsewhere. It's about risk and reward, sadly. Sorry if I'm teaching granny to do the proverbial.
2. Ensure that you are adequately insured. I may have mentioned conflict of interest versus conflict of value before. Normally, the reflexive response is that as a conflict of value, e.g "how dare they?", "I feel outraged", etc. With adequate and repeated incidents one develops a conflict of interest type response, i.e. adequate compensation reduces the feeling of invasion.

I'm not suggesting that we should feel less about the burglary, I'm just explaining my responses to the experiences.

Sponsored Links
Dex,have you not learnt from previous experience to have not had a burglar alarm fitted,for didn't the wife's handbag and cars keys and subsequently her car half inched before?

I confess that I'd think nothing of picking up a pound coin if I found one on the floor. I wouldn't stoop to pick up a penny, though.

F*ck off, you're from Yorkshire, you'd be down there faster than a greyhound :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Dex......also sorry the hear of your incident.. I hate these scumbags with a passion and don't believe they are scared of the law as its only a slap on the wrist.... I have a few uses for a 9 iron .. what also ****ess me off is the scumbags who buy the stuff.. they should experiment of scumbags and not animals

Here is what happened in Russia when they caught a burglar..but be warned it is graphic but no sympathy from me

Dex,have you not learnt from previous experience to have not had a burglar alarm fitted,for didn't the wife's handbag and cars keys and subsequently her car half inched before?
Yes - we have an alarm fitted but we only set it when we go out. It was a simple error. I'm paranoid about windows and am always shutting them. On this occasion, Mrs Dex had opened it as it was warm with all our guests having XMas lunch, and I was unaware of it having been opened as I was busy in the kitchen washing up or whatever. If I had known then you can be sure that I'd have closed it. Unfortunately, lack of awareness on my part, the blind being down just far enough to cover it and an unfortunate oversight on my wife's part has cost us dear. :cry: :cry:

But don't think for a second that I apportion any blame to Mrs Dex. The fault lies entirely upon the useless thieving cnut(s) and the sad excuse of an existence he, she or they have.

Here is what happened in Russia when they caught a burglar..but be warned it is graphic but no sympathy from me

I'm afraid I couldn't quite make out what they did - not on my laptop, anyway. Still, whatever it was, I'm sure I'd be in favour of it!

I don't suppose they chopped his balls off and shoved them down his throat, did they?

Expanding the argument out a little.... regardless of trackers. automatic immobilisers etc, can anyone think of a way of quickly rendering car crooks unconscious or marked in such a way that there is no means of escape from the vehicle?

A noise of 200db is enough to kill, so maybe something close to this coupled with a huge lumen flash could be utilised somehow?

Sponsored Links
Back