A rape for a rape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The honour crimes that sanction violence against woman.

The arrest of 26 members of a village council in Muzaffarabad ( Pakistan) after it ordered a man to publicly rape a 16 year old girl in revenge for the rape of his sister , shows that Pakistan's horrific problems with "honour" crimes has never been worse.

THe council or Jinga was formed earlier this month to settle a dispute that began when a local mother claimed her 12 year old daughter had been raped in a corn field.

In response the jinga ordered one of her sons to a 20 year, to carry out a revenge rape on the alleged culprits sister

At 2am on the 16th July 3 men snatched the 16 year old from the family home & she was raped in front of several members of the Jinga

Sponsored Links
In 2002 another jinga ordered the "gang rape" of Mukhtar Mai ( a 22 year old) in the same district

Following claims of her brother having had an affair with an older woman from another tribe an allegation that later proved to be false.

Sponsored Links
Kangaroo courts have always existed.
On the second case you presented, which occurred 15 years ago, the kangaroo court and the rapists were also tried and convicted.
If you are trying to defame Islam, perhaps this will counter your claim:
What made the incident a national story was a sermon the following Friday, six days later, when the imam of the local mosque spoke against the rape in the Friday prayers
The police arrested fourteen suspects that Mukhtaran had identified as being involved in the case. At a trial, a lower court convicted six men, including the four assailants, sentencing them to death
https://tribune.com.pk/story/154316/mukhtaran-mai-a-story-of-extraordinary-courage/

So what is your motive for bringing these stories to the forum? Do you have a motive?

Why the overt concern for women in Islamic countries when in predominately catholic countries:
Latin America has a serious problem with violence against women. And according to the UN, it’s getting worse.

This week, tens of thousands of women took to the streets in cities across Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Guatemala and Mexico, wearing black and carrying signs emblazoned with the words “Machismo kills” and “Ni Una Menos” (Not One Woman less)”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...hoolgirls-brutal-gang-rape-and-murder-united/
Of the 25 countries with the highest rates of murder and violence against women, more than half are in Latin America and the Caribbean, according to the Geneva Convention report of 2011. And some of the country-specific statistics are horrifying.
same source.

If you are trying to defame Islam
So what is your motive for bringing these stories to the forum? Do you have a motive?

That story was in the press - across the board these last couple of days. Here, the USA, I daresay quite a few countries reported on it as it's shocking, brutal and has no place in any society. Nor do Pakistan's Jirgas if that is the 'law' they dish out.
The second story was also in the press in the last couple of days, despite it's age because of the link with the more recent one. Why is it not ok for Trans to put it up? Does he have to list all of the injustices towards women over the whole world in order for you to be content? Be a flipping long post.... :(

As David Herns said, utterly appalling. For once, stop trying to start a fight - or is that the motive for your post?

That story was in the press - across the board these last couple of days. Here, the USA, I daresay quite a few countries reported on it as it's shocking, brutal and has no place in any society. Nor do Pakistan's Jirgas if that is the 'law' they dish out.
The second story was also in the press in the last couple of days, despite it's age because of the link with the more recent one. Why is it not ok for Trans to put it up? Does he have to list all of the injustices towards women over the whole world in order for you to be content? Be a flipping long post.... :(

As David Herns said, utterly appalling. For once, stop trying to start a fight - or is that the motive for your post?
First of all, my motive is to establish the motive for the thread.
Why not post a thread each time an appalling incidence against women is concerned.
Why the emphasis on this incident.
To argue that this incident was in the press is to admit to being only concerned with the incidents that the press decide to publish. One could then ask: why do the press concentrate on certain incidents while ignoring vastly greater number and seriousness of other incidents?

It is foolish to follow and absorb (and perpetuate) only those stories published by some press whilst being totally ignorant of other issues. As I have shown there are vastly greater number of more serious incidents in other parts of the world that are ignored by some media.

It would be interesting to ask transam for any examples of his concern with violence against women that did not overtly or by intimation also involve Islam or Asian countries.
I would gamble some kind of public disgrace on him not being able to provide any.
Now there is an opportunity he would be stupid to ignore.

First of all, my motive is to establish the motive for the thread.
Why not post a thread each time an appalling incidence against women is concerned.
Why the emphasis on this incident.
To argue that this incident was in the press is to admit to being only concerned with the incidents that the press decide to publish. One could then ask: why do the press concentrate on certain incidents while ignoring vastly greater number and seriousness of other incidents?

It is foolish to follow and absorb (and perpetuate) only those stories published by some press whilst being totally ignorant of other issues. As I have shown there are vastly greater number of more serious incidents in other parts of the world that are ignored by some media.

It would be interesting to ask transam for any examples of his concern with violence against women that did not overtly or by intimation also involve Islam or Asian countries.
I would gamble some kind of public disgrace on him not being able to provide any.
Now there is an opportunity he would be stupid to ignore.
Does he have to list all of the injustices towards women over the whole world in order for you to be content? Be a flipping long post.... :(
So that's a yes then. You're very hard to please.

I do suspect that it's not the content of this thread but rather it is because Trans is the one who posted it. You do seem to have a problem with him. (and most people I may add).

Brexit is happening partly due to many in the UK being fed up of european courts making our laws.Is it not hypocritical then for us to judge and find other countries laws distateful and think they should adopt our way of doing everything.If they have different rules then so be it.Its their country.

Brexit is happening partly due to many in the UK being fed up of european courts making our laws.Is it not hypocritical then for us to judge and find other countries laws distateful and think they should adopt our way of doing everything.If they have different rules then so be it.Its their country.
I'd rather be a hypocrite a hundred times over than accept and condone rape as 'just their way of doing things'.

So that's a yes then. You're very hard to please.

I do suspect that it's not the content of this thread but rather it is because Trans is the one who posted it. You do seem to have a problem with him. (and most people I may add).
So despite my stating explicitly that my motive is to ascertain transam's motive for highlighting this incident, and not the vast majority of other, more serious, incidents in other countries, you still come to your own different conclusion. Why did you bother asking? You had already made up your own mind.

My previous offer stands: if transam can provide an example of him highlighting an incident of violence against women that does not explicitly or by intimation involve Islam or Asian countries, I will public humiliate my self.
As you are trying to steer the thread away from that challenge, I can only assume that, you also expect transam will be unable to meet my challenge.

If transam resorts to his usual torrent of nonsense, the reason will be obvious, because he is unable to provide an example of him highlighting violence against women without an underlying attempt to denigrate Islam or Asian countries.

This incident was blatantly against the laws of that country. The arrests, charges and punishments indicate that.
“Pakistan’s judiciary has time and again declared these local councils to be unconstitutional and [have] no legal standing,”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...n-village-council-accused-of-ordering-of-girl

My previous offer stands: if transam can provide an example of him highlighting an incident of violence against women that does not explicitly or by intimation involve Islam or Asian countries, I will public humiliate my self.

You just have, yet again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back