A roof my son can sit on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 2m square lean-to against the shed with a slight slope. My son likes to hang out up there (good view, no sister, etc) which I am happy with but obviously not good for roof covering. My friend has just re-roofed the lean-to with scrap wood and it's ready for waterproofing.

The adjoining shed and covered bicycle park also need re-felting, but do not need to resist footfall.

I'm thinking to felt the lot, or alternatively do them all with rubber, but then need something extra to put on top of the lean-to to protect whichever waterproofing system is used. One idea I've had is grass protection matting (the stuff cars drive on) but wondered if anyone here had any bright ideas as my internet searches have proved fruitless.

Thanks in advance for suggestions or comments.

Sponsored Links
Maybe the rubberised playground matting not sure how you would secure it though.

Sponsored Links
Thank you to all three of you for those suggestions, which were really helpful, as I had never heard of promenade tiles, and nor did I realise that Firestone did a suitable product. Also, I hadn't thought about how I would attach safety matting.

If I get the rubber tiles, they'll even keep his bum warm.

Thanks again,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back