flat roof replacement cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We live a mid traditional terrace. The kitchen and bathroom off, have flat roofs.

The total area is 9m x 2m (2 different levels) one part of it is leaking and we dont trust the rest of it, so it need sorting.

We believe the current construction is a slab of concrete with bitumen over the top.

We are debating a sloped roof or a flat fibreglass or the rubber stuff (must have at least a 25yr warranty) ad im wondering what the cost would be to replace it with either options? Keeping in mind that next door also has an adjoining flat roof, so how would these options work when considering our neighbors roof?

Id also like the roof to be insulated, i wouldn't know if it would be better to completely remove the concrete slab and redo it entirely?

The thing with the slope roof is that we intend to add a lean to conservatory to it at some point and i think the 2 different degrees of slopes will look extremely stupid. I also like the idea of a rood terrace maybe so i thinking im leaning to wards the flat if its the right price and warrenty.

We live in leics if this impacts on price.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back