A shower pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there again :0

I am thinking of having a shower pump to improve the flow rate and pressure of our shower, which is fed from pipes coming from the cold water tank in the loft and the hot water tank in the airing cupboard below.

basically - how do shower pumps work and give a beter flow rate and better pressure to the shower? are they worth while? they obviously require electrical power, i believe they need a separate cable from the consumer unit and must be installed by a qualified electrician. is this true? if so, what is the likely costs, as i will need to have a plumber and an electrician.

i have also read about positive and negative head pumps. am i right in thinking positive is where there is more distance between the shower head and tank?

any help on this would be great as i am wanting a better shower and it may be worth while getting one installed?

Sponsored Links
thanks for the link. i will print it out and read it carefully this evening when i can relax more!

if the pump only uses 3 amps (don't know why i thought it needed a thick cable from the CU)! - could it be possibly to spur off the CH wiring centre box live neutral and earth and replace that fuse to 6 amp? or is a new spur needed, and i know you cannot spur off a spur though!?

Sponsored Links
ok fair enough - this will be tricky though as you cannot spur off a spur so a new cable will need to be run from the back of a ring main socket :( gonna be a big job :cry:

Steve,

You can spur off a spur privinding they are both fused.

Rico

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back