A tad foncused!

kevplumb said:
let the air out of the ev and see if you get water out of the valve if so ex vessel is dead :cry:

Did that, no water before or after pressurising. Have the system on now and after going through old posts i have loosened the black nut whilst the heating is on. I left it for a while with no sign of water, but it was rattling about as the spindle was spinning so i tightened it up as to avoid any damage. What exactly should i be doing and what results should i expect to make sure there is no air in the pump?

Sponsored Links
IanDB said:
Has this fixed your original pressure variation problem?

Yep, the pressure problem appears to be sorted, 3 days of having the heating on and off for different lengthd of time and no probs so far.

I think the system will settle as Kevplumb has said and if i re-balance it should hopefully be back to normal.

Thank you one and all.

Sponsored Links
Right Guys, The Pressure of the system has levelled out now at a constant 1.5, my problem now is i can't balance the system. I start off by closing every rad except the one which is futhest away, but if i open any other rad in the system as much as half a turn, the furthest away one goes off. I didn't have this problem prior to the pressure issue. What are the possible explanations. It also takes a horrific amount of time to get just one rad hot (over an hour).

Help, please i'm freezing!!

Still got this porblem guys, can only have 3 rads on at a time, 1 hot and 2 warm. There is a lot of noise in the boiler (sound of air circulating) i'm sure it must need bleeding. I need somebody to tell me exactly how to bleed my pump (Myson in a Potterton 80, octagonal black nut one) and what results to expect.

Please help as the constant nagging is hurting my head!

Cheers, Tony.

Zounds like so much air about that the water isn't going round.

Have you checked the auto air vent, which is on top of the boiler, on the left? Its screw cap should be LOOSE. (Float inside rises on water to shut the hole). They are inclined to dribble because of scale build-up so often get replaced. Any generic one small enough to go in will do, a fiver or so.

Right have checked AAV now was closed as oppose to loose, have loosened it a bit. Undid the black nut on the pump and by some crafty waggling about i could get some air to come out, in fact quite a lot of air to come out. Eventually it did spit some water out but literally only a few spits nothing constant is this normal or does it need bleeding some more, and surely it should be easier to bleed than this?

Am still freezing but can now get 2 rads hot and 2 rads warm!

Help!!!

Pumps normally dribble a bit if you waggle the screw.
When you undin the screw on the AAV you should have heard a lot of air come out. If not it could be blocked. If you feel brave unscrew the thing a bit and see if that bleeds air out.

Ah its a puma thing - make sure you hold the bit under the AAV so it doesn't come loose lower down when you undo the AAV

right just been back to the AAV i took the little black screwcap completely off and there was nothing. Did i remove the right part? And if so what does it signify?

Cheers, Tony.

hello again, I have read another thread regarding the same issue with an AAV, that explains removing and cleaning. What is the correct procedure for cleaning?

Thanks in advance, Tony.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back