A Weird project I know... help needed!

Sponsored Links
Do you really want meat burnt on the outside and raw in the middle?

Or is the intention other than a traditional barbeque?

Agree about the outside, but as for the inside that depends on the type of meat.

Sponsored Links
Hell yess its wierd and OTT (but I like wierd and OTT) so :

Its a drill speed controller you need, Maplin used to do one, but I just looked on their www and its not there anymore, but I did find this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWER-CONTROL...PS/DRILLS_W0QQitemZ110375639016QQcmdZViewItem

Mate, I owe you big time.

The project is complete and I couldn't have done it without you. I made a video, will post the link soon. Have credited you at the end 'powersurge' but would be nice to put your actual name if you want to.

Thanks all the same, the BBQ is AWESOME!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Do you really want meat burnt on the outside and raw in the middle?

Or is the intention other than a traditional barbeque?

Obviously you don't throw meat on a raging fire.

The point of this BBQ is mainly the reaction people have... it makes people laugh every time you crank it up.

It is also genuinely useful for getting coals to the 'ready to cook stage' in 10 minutes instead of 30-40.

Thanks to 'powersurge' I have made the motor continuously variable so you can have itr on low at the end when coals are dying down to finish off the at the end.

It really is very useful, although that was always a secondary intention.

IT'S BRILLIANT FUN!

Control is too near to the "hot plate"

Operating a barbeque while drinking beer is dangerous, can result in warm beer.

But other than that quite impressive. But get yourself a better camera operator....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back