A1 AJ600 Alarm Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I know that these alarms are not the dearest on the market and getting on a bit now but I have fitted three in the past no problems.

I had a new spare one which I have recently fitted to my games room, the problem I have is on exit, the exit is fine within the setting time period and sets, but sometimes...maybe about 50% of the time the alarm activates after this exit time, say within a minute or so....

You think it has set, just get in the car etc, then the alarm activates, you then have to go and reset, this time could be fine on exit!

Any help would be great

PS This is the model that wires into the mains, not the later battery/tranformer type.

Sponsored Links
when it goes off after being set what does it indicate went off?

My first guess would be whatever sensor is on the entry/exit zone is in some way faulty.

you guess wrong plugwash.

it could be any detector, it never goes off before becuse the alarm is not set, it only goes off when the exit time has timed out.
this does not mean it is on the exit route or front door. it may be that it never goes off and its just the internal siren that goes off (or similar) to say something is wrong, but you ignored it. it happens a lot.

people will enter their number open the door and leave, not bothering to look at the display.

Sponsored Links
My first guess would be whatever sensor is on the entry/exit zone is in some way faulty.

Well, you could be right there, the set up was 2 pir sensors on zone 1 (entry/exit zone) and 1 pir sensor on zone 2.....the 2nd zone was the zone setting the alarm off as far as I can remember......I then moved the pir sensor from zone 2 to zone 1, so all 3 pir sensors on zone 1. I thought this may solve the problem but it still happened, I shoud have checked to see if it was now zone 1 setting the alarm off but I didn't. I have been trying to replicate the alarm fault now with no luck although I know it still exists....

When it happens again...and if it is now zone 1, I would know exactly what pir is at fault!

Would the pir still light up when it faults...I could look through the window for this?

Many thanks

you have just hioghlighted the problem of having more than one pir / detector on a cct.

you should have 1 pir / cct

you have just hioghlighted the problem of having more than one pir / detector on a cct.

you should have 1 pir / cct

Not according to the installation manual....why would this be, the alarm does not arm on exit while sensors are active?

apart from the relevant standards, its a PITA (and bob's brother) to figure which detector went off / causing problem.

I find it hard to believe a manual tells you that you should connect more than one device to a cct.

I am also wondering are we talking at crossed purposes?

an alsrm should have (for example)
cct1 front door,
cct 2 pir hall
cct 3 pir front room
cct 4 pir back room
cct 5 back door
cct 6 Landing

this way which ever one goes off / gives problem say cct3 you know there is a problem in the front room

apart from the relevant standards, its a PITA (and bob's brother) to figure which detector went off / causing problem.

I find it hard to believe a manual tells you that you should connect more than one device to a cct.

I am also wondering are we talking at crossed purposes?

an alsrm should have (for example)
cct1 front door,
cct 2 pir hall
cct 3 pir front room
cct 4 pir back room
cct 5 back door
cct 6 Landing

this way which ever one goes off / gives problem say cct3 you know there is a problem in the front room

I see what you are saying, can you set more that one circuit to be entry/exit though.....this would be the problem as more than one pir could sense movement on entry.

I could scan the manual maybe to show you tomorrow

depends on the panel as to what it can / cant do.

most nowadays can be set to do differnt things acording to how its set.

i.e

hall pir,

full set = entry / exit (front door must open first)

part set = final exit (starts entry time whne it sees you in the morming)

depends on the panel as to what it can / cant do.

most nowadays can be set to do differnt things acording to how its set.

i.e

hall pir,

full set = entry / exit (front door must open first)

part set = final exit (starts entry time whne it sees you in the morming)

Found maual online at
http://www.guardianalarms.net/home_security_manuals/A1_Home_Security/AJ600N_Installation_Manual.pdf

I thinks its pages 12, 13, 14, that shows the wiring for more than one pir per circuit!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back