Aaargh - extension still not signed off due to ventilation!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

So we've completed a single-storey kitchen extension with vaulted ceiling, and the Council's inspector came around for the final inspection. Been so many trials and tribulations, I really thought that we were done...but he said we need external extraction! Alas our cooker hood is an internal recirculating one with carbon filter.

I can't duct the cooker hood to the outside for various logistical reasons.

So my plan instead is to install an extractor fan in the pitched ceiling away from the hob, with over 60 l/s extraction rate. Is this ok though, i.e. putting the fan in the sloping ceiling rather than wall, and having it in the middle of the ceiling well away from the hob?

TIA!

Sponsored Links
Is this ok though, i.e. putting the fan in the sloping ceiling rather than wall, and having it in the middle of the ceiling well away from the hob?
Yes, it will satisfy BC.
However, you would have been better designing your kitchen extension based upon an externally extracting cooker hood. Seems bonkers not to. Cooking generates a lot of unwanted moisture which is particularly onerous in the depths of winter.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back