Extraction/ventilation for new kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Under buiding regs is there a certain requirement for forced extraction or can the opening windows cover this?.

The hob will be on and island unit under a vaulted ceiling so an extractor hood or ceing extrator is not an option. I have several alternative ideas but just want to check on the reqs,

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
you are right downdraft extractors are not cheap...

the extractor doenst need to be placed directly above the hob. you could for example run some flat channels on top of wall cabinets and connect is to a powerful centrifugal fan.

good luck.

They certainley aren't. :LOL:

Plan is to install either 1 or 2 60 ltr'sec units drawing from upper units via soffit type vents in the cabinet top, ie drawing through the cabinet and out of the wall.

My daughterm her project is specific in that she does not want these visible.

We have 2 x Velux windows with trickle ventilation more or less central to the island hob, sound like a plan????????????????

60 litres per second extract fans aren't quiet... at all.

And that link... it looks like a car turbo :p

I actually used one of those in a previous bathroom project, mounted in mid duct in the loft. It certainly was noisey. Most of the units I've looked at are about 40 dba so shouldn't be an issue, cheers :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back