AAV leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a regular boiler (Worcester condensing) system with header tank. The highest AAV is leaking and the boiler is set high up in a cupboard on the first floor with all radiators and hot cylinder below it. So to replace the AAV I think that I won't need to drain down too much - am I correct? But there don't seem to be any obvious drain points on this floor I attach a pic with AAV marked (X).

Attachments

• P1040666.2.jpg
    P1040666.2.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
Looks like a isolation tap o the cold feed to the boiler,turn that off and you should only get a small amount coming out ,turn boiler off first, turn off tap slacken the air bleed and catch water in a tray,

Many thanks for this suggestion. I'll try this using a like-for-like AAV. I assume that there are no particular problems associated with loosening and retightening the compression fitting? such as any new washer required? (The make and model of the vent is Inta AAV07911500B)

just close the little red plug on the top of the aav, and if you ever drain down then open it again as you refill, or change it when it is drained, ther are all crap and all leak, they dont actually do anything when the system is filled, except leak

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back