Abacus Elements Board to Blockwork for Tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be waterproofing my shower area in the near future with elements board, and one side will be approx 3 meters against an internal blockwork wall that will have had the old tiles stripped off.

I am a bit unsure how best to fix them to the wall. The ones against stud wall have screws which are ideal but on masonry I can't seem to find a definitive answer. even on the manufacturers website.

I see some YouTube videos Dot and Dab, but I am not really sure why. Is this to make it easier levelling them? If so my walls are pretty straight and surely the tiler can take any slight variation out?

Is it better to use adhesive?

If mechanical fixings whats the best approach as plugs and screws seems like it would be a hassle to drill, remove panels for plug, refit etc. I see there seems to be some fixings which you drill and hammer straight through but never used these before so a bit unsure if best suited to this. Would I then also need adhesive, dot and dab?

Any pointers for this specific elements board would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Anyone have any advice on how best to mechanically fix them to plastered wall after removing the tiles?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back