About re-setting a Vaillant EcoTEc Plus 824 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello experts. Because of a recurring fault with the above boiler, I looked at the user manual, and read that, if the power button is pressed and held down for one second, this can clear a fault or faults, by re-setting the boiler. I did this (though the fault persists). However, my concern is that, when the boiler was installed, we had only three radiators installed. To compensate for the low demand on the boiler, the installer told me that he had "adjusted" it, to accommodate the low demand. Therefore, he said, there was no fear of it firing up too fiercely.

What I should like to know, from someone qualified to tell me, is whether my "re-setting" the boiler, in the way described above, may have nullified the installer's settings, and that now, it may fire up in excess of the workload. (The installer has gone out of business, or I would ask him.)

Can someone please tell me, for certain, whether my re-set will have affected his settings? I am hoping that a user-reset will not be able to reach a technician's settings, which, for anything I may know, may be on a different level. I hope so!

Ta muchly, for a helpful and knowledgeable reply.
A.W.

Sponsored Links
The original installer probably range rated the heating output which means to say that the KW power output of the boiler is matched to the heat requirement of the room heat loss.
Have a look in the manual and look for the heating KW output setting...setting it to the minimum level should be sufficient for such few radiators.

The original installer probably range rated the heating output which means to say that the KW power output of the boiler is matched to the heat requirement of the room heat loss.
Have a look in the manual and look for the heating KW output setting...setting it to the minimum level should be sufficient for such few radiators.
Thanks for that, Gasguru. However, would what I did have nullified the setting marked up by the installer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back